Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 08:29 PM

Default Re: No More Social Security, No More Medicare, No More Medicaid..

"Domestic: Little govt intervention with low taxes (Thomas Jefferson was my ideal president)
Foreign: Ruthless over-the-top gunboat diplomacy to our enemies. "

I wonder if such a self contradictory style of government is even possible... as they say, war is the health of the state. Don't you think going to other countries and killing people is bound to make some other people murderously angry?
Old 09-21-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't you think going to other countries and killing people is bound to make some other people murderously angry?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you initiate aggression against the USA (or its allies)....THEN I think we should [censored] them over. If they don't like perhaps they shouldn't have initiated aggression against the USA in the first place. This strategy worked well for the Roman Empire and led to Pax Romana. It also worked well for Reagan when he sank half the Iranian fleet when the Iranians started attacking neutral shipping in the Persian Gulf. When Rome started excusing transgressions of their barbarian neighbors it led to sack of Rome by the Visisgoths led by Alaric... The struggle is to keep naive-peackniks like yourself from destroying the USA from within.... The USA is an oasis of civilization in a world of barbarity. Don't believe me. Just immigrate to the middle east and let me know how that works out for you.... Jimmy Carter caused great harm to the world by allowing Shia terrorism attacks to go unchallenged. In my book, Jimmy Carter is the 'father of modern Shia terrorism'.

But feel free to show a historical examples where countries allowed acts of aggressions to go unchallenged and prospered despite this. Perhaps you should google it. Just spend 60 hours a week for the next year googling this and give me a status report in about year.....
Old 09-21-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't you think going to other countries and killing people is bound to make some other people murderously angry?

[/ QUOTE ]
In felix's world the US doesn't have a long history of screwing with other nations for it's own benefit.