Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 08-28-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Florida $1/$2 NL tonite

[ QUOTE ]
i planned on playin 80 hrs of $100 max NL (the equivalent of two 40hr weeks) and then calculatin my hourly rate, std dev, etc

[/ QUOTE ]

A hahahaahahahahahahahha.

Sorry. OK, go to the FAQ for the math forum and you will get a little more serious about this.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:14 PM

I've played 79 hours and I'm +1800. Only suffered a few beats (KK < 84s all in preflop, QQ < AKs all in preflop with a Q in the door). But yeah there is the chance for sick variance. Last night at a table there were 5 guys on a table with more than 600 in their stack and two of them had like 1300. However I think if you can figure out how to play against these idiots properly and are capable of setting session goals for yourself, you can definitely play as like a part-time job and make pretty decent money on the side of a regular job.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:32 PM

I was up 500 bucks the first 8 hours I played. Then variance hit me in the head. The last four sessions has been nothing but get my money in with a set/straight and get beat by a flush draw or gutshot to the tune of $300-400 pots. My 5th day I lost $450 pot to some drunk guy that called two allins on the flop with a gutshot and lost another $300+ to the same thing. (I flopped sets both times)

Yes the players are brutal. However, in live play, if the cards are not going your way it could be days or weeks before some assemblance of normal returns. For instance I went to the HR in Hollywood. I played 7 days about 5 hours a day and to this point have not gotten AA once. It was a brutal 4 days just seeing the horrifying play and there was nothing I could do to take advantage of it.

Anyway, there is plenty of money to be made. I am up for the 7 sessions but man has it been a roller coaster.

1. +297
2. +139
3. -10
4. -220
5.- 39
6. -149
7. +268

Edit: My first paragraph was not meant to be a bad beat thing. I just using it as an example of how bad play can be brutal in the short term (80 hours)
Old 08-28-2007, 03:45 PM

for those of u that keep writin about the 80 hrs not bein enough but didn't bother reading the 2nd reply in this very same post...

[ QUOTE ]
i understand 80 hrs is not enough but i don't wanna waste my time too much. even if it is very profitable to play in those games i will still make more $ playin online. so i'm ok w/ a rough estimate. thx.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-28-2007, 04:48 PM

Stay hot Julio
Old 08-28-2007, 05:36 PM

I think the point is that 80 hours isn't even going to get you a rough estimate. But if you don't want to waste any more time, that's fine. It's your time and your bankroll.