Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 08:17 AM

Default FTSE 100 could get crushed today.

I know these posts are tedious, but this movement could prove significant. The FTSE 100 is currently down 213 about 3.5% and is only 57 points from the psychological support level of 6000.

If American markets open badly in an hours time, we could see a very significant sell off indeed.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:11 AM

Default Re: FTSE 100 could get crushed today.

[ QUOTE ]
I know these posts are tedious, but this movement could prove significant. The FTSE 100 is currently down 213 about 3.5% and is only 57 points from the psychological support level of 6000.

If American markets open badly in an hours time, we could see a very significant sell off indeed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch the US Fed. The CNBC talking heads are talking about how the Fed has injected liquidity into the system to stem the tide. Don't know about how significant that is but I do know that some overt action like an interest rate cut (having the effect of adding a lot of liquidity) and/or statement by the Fed could send markets way up there. Lack thereof I think has the selling continues. I usually don't like to predict too many things short term but I'm playing the markets short term for now so just sharing what I'm watching FWIW.

BTW some regional lenders having problems with liquidity in funding their loans. Not goot. I think we're in a credit crunch but could be convinced otherwise.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Watch the US Fed. The CNBC talking heads are talking about how the Fed has injected liquidity into the system to stem the tide. Don't know about how significant that is but I do know that some overt action like an interest rate cut (having the effect of adding a lot of liquidity) and/or statement by the Fed could send markets way up there

[/ QUOTE ]

The ECB has pumped over 100B euros of liquidity into the eurozone in the last 24 hours. This is why markets are going down, as it is seen as a sign that sub prime contagion into the eurozone (several euro banks/funds have reported problems suspended withdrawals etc) is much worse than anticipated.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:42 AM

15 minutes into the trading session and the market is down 150+ pts!

HOLD ON..........or sell.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:56 AM

Move along nothing to see here.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:43 PM

Well was out by a few days. FTSE did tank today down 4.10% to below the 6000 mark at 5858.