Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 02:53 PM

Default Re: AC ists, you dissapoint me greatly.

[ QUOTE ]
long expected. this is why no one is surprised. it would be like acists complaining every time someone pays taxes etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

LDO. If there were a bunch of posts about it, someone would be complaining about AC brag posts flooding the forum and "making it borderline unreadable".
Old 08-10-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
long expected. this is why no one is surprised. it would be like acists complaining every time someone pays taxes etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure.

This is like a seismologist being nonchalant after the big one hits San Francisco. "We were expecting it so no big deal" Are you saying that if the fiat system broke down tommorrow you wouldnt even bother to post about it because thats what you expected to happen. Cmon man.

Also there are all-ready those in this thread saying this is an event of no real significance and everything is A ok. This is what I want to be discussing, is it important? is it not?

Please please Lets get past the way I brought this up, that was just to make sure the thread got noticed.

This event is easily the most important political/economic event/occurrence happening right now by some margin, thus we should be discussing it in this forum.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure.

This is like a seismologist being nonchalant after the big one hits San Francisco. "We were expecting it so no big deal" Are you saying that if the fiat system broke down tommorrow you wouldnt even bother to post about it because thats what you expected to happen. Cmon man.

Also there are all-ready those in this thread saying this is an event of no real significance and everything is A ok. This is what I want to be discussing, is it important? is it not?

Please please Lets get past the way I brought this up, that was just to make sure the thread got noticed.

This event is easily the most important political/economic event/occurrence happening right now by some margin, thus we should be discussing it in this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

this particular credit crunch was long expected. Central banking bail outs were equally expected. Another rally is probably also going to happen before a significant turn down.

The big one has far from hit san fransico. We are still just feeling shakes.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you saying that if the fiat system broke down tommorrow you wouldnt even bother to post about it because thats what you expected to happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd probably post about that.

"The [censored] HAS come down..."
Old 08-10-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then discuss it and stop worrying about other people not doing what you think they should be doing.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hasn't this been the mantra of the "zomg fiat currency we're all doomed, GOLD STANDARD NOW" crowd for like 30 years now?

It's the argument that can't lose: "this isn't the real collapse, but it's coming! ... oh, this last thing that was supposed to destroy fiat currency didn't actually destroy it? Well, wait a little while longer, it'll happen."

The Cubs will win the World Series someday. Prove me wrong.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hasn't this been the mantra of the "zomg fiat currency we're all doomed, GOLD STANDARD NOW" crowd for like 30 years now?

It's the argument that can't lose: "this isn't the real collapse, but it's coming! ... oh, this last thing that was supposed to destroy fiat currency didn't actually destroy it? Well, wait a little while longer, it'll happen."

The Cubs will win the World Series someday. Prove me wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know if fiat will ever collapse, but it seems flawed in its implementation which can create problems and crises from time to time. I am not sold on Gold as a solution, but I am increasingly concerned by fiat the more I come to understand it.

384 Billion dollars is no small change, it is bigger than the amount pumped in after 9/11 and we are sans terrorists flying planes in to tall buildings. The markets created this crises all on their own. It seems apparent then that Fiat has problems.

I am personaly more concerned by what appears fiats moneys power to aggregate "real" wealth and power in the hands of the banking system by flooding and then retracting the money supply.

I give you X coupons and demand Y coupons back, oh you cant give me Y coupons, ok Ill take your "real" wealth instead of the notional wealth I printed and then lent to you. Under a fiat system debt is allways greater than the money supply to service that debt due to interest.

Do you not agree that power over the creation of "notional" wealth is an incredibly powerful thing and we should concern ourselves deeply with how that power is implemented and exercised. I cant see how anything is more political than fiat money.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, besides this:

China Weighs Economic "Nuclear Option"
Old 08-10-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, besides this:

China Weighs Economic "Nuclear Option"

[/ QUOTE ]

Except "that" has already been done to death, as recently as a couple of days ago, and then a couple of months ago. Its old news.