Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 10:11 PM

Default Re: I\'m baffled, early MTT

Early on, I just call the river not raise. I am always careful on paired boards when I have a st8 or Flush.

If this was deeper I'm getting 'em all in.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:45 PM

Ok first off i dont like the p/f raise to 350 personally it shows that you dont want any action. I make it 200 or 250 tops. Then the flop comes down JTT and checks you should bet around 350-400. He smooth calls you!!!!! utt oh now the warning flags come up. The turn hits he checks and you check it behind. Ok now the river hits and you make your straight!!!! He bets out into you probably like 1200. The board is paired so you decide to just call witht his big bet on the river. Afterall he did smooth call you on the flop. Thats how the hand shouldve played out.

Now the way you played it you shouldve either A. called his river bet or B. raised the river with the intent of insta mucking to any raise. Afterall look at it from his spot what hand does he come back over the top of you that you can beat??? only one I can think of is possibly AT but that is still unlikely.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:47 PM

The reason why you should keep your p/f raises smaller is for pot control after all if he is calling 7bbs with JsTs it doesnt matter what your p/f raise is. It makes it easier to continuation bet with a smaller pot out there. The continuation bet is where you gain alot of information on the hand.