Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 06-05-2007, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Sklansky vs Negreanu!

The nits are easy to understand, it's the reckless gamblers that are hard. It's easier to understand how someone wouldn't pay 200 dollars for In and Out than would. But that's not really what we are talking about.

Reckless gambling to me, are the guys betting huge sums of money with a high likelihood of going broke. It may be interesting and cool from afar, but if the perpetrator were a close friend or family member, I certainly wouldn't be laughing about 25k coinflips.

I'm all for reading about degeneracy on the message boards, but idolizing the crazy gamblers for their gamble is stupid.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:34 PM

I don't think Negreanu is a "crazy gambler"

Also

[ QUOTE ]
Reckless gambling to me, are the guys betting huge sums of money with a high likelihood of going broke. It may be interesting and cool from afar, but if the perpetrator were a close friend or family member, I certainly wouldn't be laughing about 25k coinflips.

[/ QUOTE ]

This does not make sense, DUCY?
Old 06-05-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, if you are flipping coins, negative variance can make you GO BROKE without the proper bankroll.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, if you are flipping coins, negative variance can make you GO BROKE without the proper bankroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do not have a HIGH LIKELIHOOD of going broke though. That was his point. Since flipping coins is about neutral EV, the likelihood of you going broke based solely on that, is small.

You could also go broke with AA vs KK preflop if your bankroll is not big enough, but there isn't a high likelihood of that happening either.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:21 PM

SALAZARRRRRR
Old 06-05-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Being a reckless gambler, I just do not understand for the life of me nits. Today PA paid someone $200 to get hi In and Out because he was hungry. Think Sklansky would do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

your so lucky

btw if i had those 200 dollars they would never be spent, simply souvenirs