Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2006, 06:48 PM

Default (2/4) AAds, Did I get any street right?

I usually limp with this when I don't have any wheel cards, is that correct? MP1 is uber Lag. Please fix every street.

Party Poker
Limit Omaha Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is UTG+2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises</font>, 2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (10.5SB, 5 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (10.25BB, 5 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (15.25BB, 5 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 20.25BB
Old 06-07-2006, 07:06 PM

Default Re: (2/4) AAds, Did I get any street right?

3-bet the flop
raise the turn

put more money in the pot somewhere post flop. Think about how much money you left on this table - geez. Pre-flop limping is fine.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:37 PM

PREFLOP
Im not a big fan of limping an AA hand this good, but its not a bad limp necessarily, especially cause youre in early position.

FLOP
You need to threebet this flop so very very much. Youre so far ahead of the other hands in equity that it isnt even funny. And yet your hand is vulnerable, so definitely jam here.

TURN
You really really need to bet or checkraise this turn. The fact that a low is now out should not slow you down, three other players just called one bet, theyll call one or two more. Youre against 4 other players, I guarantee you that you have way more than 20% equity here.

RIVER
Well, you no longer have the nut high. Checking is right, because this way you get to see whether anyone made a straight. Given that no one raised, its likely that there is no straight out there, but the CO could just be going for overcalls, or someone could just have a lower straight. Im OK with just calling here. If the board read TA63J I might suggest a checkraise.

So, you got preflop and river correctish, and messed up the flop and turn pretty hard. When you play with an uberlag, you need to jam when you make really strong hands. Sitting to his right is pretty awful, but in this case it gave you the chance to stick a bunch of players in the middle for a lot of bets.

Oh, and Id love to see results at some point.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:24 PM

My donkey thinking on each street:

Preflop: I was thinking this is such a good drawing hand and with no low card I don't necessarily want to limit the field and try to have my AA hold up, just seemed like a big pot hand. Given the position of the pfr I think a reraise was in order.

Flop: I wasn't sure I had an equity advantage given that any card that doesn't pair the board puts a straight or a low out there but I guess with that number of players out there was value in 3-betting.

Turn: I really should have bet out the turn and would have done so but I think I was playing too many tables and steaming because the Party SNGs were down again. Betting out gives me a chance to protect my hand since the Lag will raise for sure.

River: Fiacso, very astute on your river, I would have raised a board that put only one straight out there but with that number of callers I was questioning even over-calling which was obviously correct given the odds...results to follow.

The lag (75/15/2.4) on my left really took a toll on me in this game. I don't think position was the problem as he was usually just isolating himself against me when I had better cards but he sure did catch and I had trouble giving him credit for a hand:

Party Poker
Limit Omaha Ring game
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, MP1 calls, 4 folds, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3SB, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3BB, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (12BB, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 18BB

Of course he has AA this time.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3-bet the flop
raise the turn

put more money in the pot somewhere post flop. Think about how much money you left on this table - geez. Pre-flop limping is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen to this guy.

By the way, I like to raise with AAQJ ds, it either builds the pot (a good drawing hand) or limits the field (helping your AA), it's all good.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:54 PM

limp-reraise btf...otf bet/3Bet/cap...ott it's still a reasonable card so you should get more money in the pot when there are more than 1 customer...otr proceed with reasonable caution
Old 06-08-2006, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually limp with this when I don't have any wheel cards, is that correct? MP1 is uber Lag. Please fix every street.

Party Poker
Limit Omaha Ring game
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is UTG+2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises</font>, 2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (10.5SB, 5 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (10.25BB, 5 players)

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (15.25BB, 5 players)

Results:
Final pot: 20.25BB

[/ QUOTE ]

In this spot i'm raising PF about 70% of the time.

As played, raise and jam the flop. You have top set and a double gut buster and two backdoor nut flush draws to go with it, and there's no low yet possible. You have so much equity in this spot it's insane. Raise, re-raise, and cap it. 15 cards complete your hand on the turn w/o enabling a low, and your hand is the current nuts.

As played, I would have check raised the turn.

I dont like that river, but at the same time i'm still willing to get some action in on the river because we know that a few of these jokers probably just have a low, and are usually wiling to bet it. I'd bet/raise this river and slow down if it was three bet, or i'd just call a bet and a raise in front of me.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:59 PM

I would check-raise the flop, since you can be sure that the pre-flop raiser is going to lead out.

Other than that, too many players sticking around and when that low card hits the turn, now you've gotta be a little more cautious.

River card doesn't help you much either. I'm assuming someone rivered the straight on you.