Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2006, 04:25 AM

Default a thought i had

All my life, I have never been able to stand being outside while there is a lot of bugs. I've never given it much thought, just accepted it and stayed inside when it was buggy out. While i was smoking a joint tonight, there were a lot of mosquitios in my garage and it was pissing me off. I realized the thing that pissed me off was the UNPREDICTABILITY of the problem. I was then struck by this thought "I've known a lot of people very well in my life, some people will spend time outdoors when it was like this and simply swat at the bugs absentmindedly, while it pisses some others, like myself, almost to the point of insanity."

I think this says a lot about the differences in some peoples outlooks on problems they're having that are a lot bigger than bugs. Is this a valid observation, or do i need to cut back on the wacky tobaccy?
Old 05-01-2006, 04:30 AM

Default Re: a thought i had

You get used to it.

There's some places where there are always mosquitos. Under normal conditions people who grew up there won't even swat. If it gets crazy, they will swat, but it won't bother them too much.

If you're new to the area it will drive you crazy.

It's just a matter of acclimatization.

I always wore long sleaves, pants, and socks, even in the tropical heat. (plus OFF when really bad)

Get one of those spirals you burn to drive them away.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:08 AM

Dude i got this thing that looks like a tennis racket, except where u would have the strings, it has electric wires and it has a button which charges a capacitor.
You hold the button down...(charge up capacitor) let go of button, see a fly/mosquito and take ur best shot at it. If it hits the "racket" will give off a pop and a flash and u have a dead mosquito.
Now mosquitos are not a nuisance, they are a source of amusement.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:59 AM

Ya mosquitos suck. I grew up in a place where they'd get real bad in the summer, and these guys are right. By the time I was in my mid teens or so, I had gotten so used to the bites they didn't even itch anymore.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude i got this thing that looks like a tennis racket, except where u would have the strings, it has electric wires and it has a button which charges a capacitor.
You hold the button down...(charge up capacitor) let go of button, see a fly/mosquito and take ur best shot at it. If it hits the "racket" will give off a pop and a flash and u have a dead mosquito.
Now mosquitos are not a nuisance, they are a source of amusement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this any more effective than a fly-swatter or an actual tennis racquet? Unless you're very weak, the bugs die when you hit them, regardless of the subsequent electrocution.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:51 PM

i dont think i directly said it, as this was posted after joint #2 to the face last night, but it wasnt so much bugs but how people handle problems. some people will remove themselves from the situation that has potential problems, but some people will just swat at the problems as they arise. or something like that. dont post while blazed!
Old 05-01-2006, 03:53 PM

Is this a valid observation, or do i need to cut back on the wacky tobaccy?

Dude, little payoffs like this are what makes pot fun. Like when you realize that the reason most people post in politics forums is because they desperately need someone to be impressed by them, then you notice that you've been posting in the politics forum and realize that you shouldn't worry about AC cause it's never gonna happen.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:01 PM

i try to steer clear of politics and the wpt forums lol. they make my eyes bleed