Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should he report this to the police?
Of course. 93 88.57%
Nope. CYA is the name of the game. 12 11.43%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2006, 03:18 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.
Default Re: **** OFFICIAL Premiership 2006-07 season Thread!*****

[ QUOTE ]
that is a very conservative guess.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-11-2006, 04:27 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

GO VILLA GO. GOAL AT 2'

rj
Old 12-11-2006, 04:29 PM

I was saying that Taylor has no controll over the spin that is allready on the ball. With dead balls and when the ball is under controll players of course put different spin on the ball, most commonly back spin whilst passing.

However in this case the ball is in motion when Taylor reaches it, If the ball is spinning in a certain way the shot becomes immposible. Intentionaly correcting or adding any spin when vollying from 42m out is practicaly immposible.

If a players could score goals like this 1 in 8 times even under no pressure, then quite simply there would be ALOT more goals like this. The historical record is that this goal is prety unique.

Hitting the target and beating a keeper at a distance of 42m is hard enough from a dead ball let alone running onto a volley from a deflection.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was saying that Taylor has no controll over the spin that is allready on the ball. With dead balls and when the ball is under controll players of course put different spin on the ball, most commonly back spin whilst passing.

However in this case the ball is in motion when Taylor reaches it, If the ball is spinning in a certain way the shot becomes immposible. Intentionaly correcting or adding any spin when vollying from 42m out is practicaly immposible.

[/ QUOTE ] Eh I agree, but this basically means his goal was dumb luck.

[ QUOTE ]
If a players could score goals like this 1 in 8 times even under no pressure, then quite simply there would be ALOT more goals like this.

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah, especially if the goalie is out as far as Howard was. Also, how many players even attempt to shoot from there? If he hadn't hit this perfectly(luckily) people would say, wtf is he doing.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
GO VILLA GO. GOAL AT 2'

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

UP THE VILLA!!!!!
Old 12-11-2006, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Eh I agree, but this basically means his goal was dumb luck.

[ QUOTE ]
If a players could score goals like this 1 in 8 times even under no pressure, then quite simply there would be ALOT more goals like this.

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah, especially if the goalie is out as far as Howard was. Also, how many players even attempt to shoot from there? If he hadn't hit this perfectly(luckily) people would say, wtf is he doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Intresting question. What is harder, a goal that can be scored via an application of great skill, or one that can only be scored via dumb luck?

SC, why do you think players dont take shots or attempt volleys from 42m out? Because they know they stand alot worse than a 1 in 8 chance of scoring.

We all know goals are hard to come by in football. If players knew thay had an 1 in 8 chance or even 1 in 10 chance from 42m volleys they would attempt them all the time.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:30 PM

this villa game is getting crazy. 2-2.

rj
Old 12-11-2006, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Arsenal's record vs. ManU, Liverpool, and Chelsea: 2-0-1
Arsenal's record vs. the rest of the league: 5-4-4

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty interesting, especially since the Man U and Chelsea games were away. I imagine this is due in large part to the squad's youth. Particularly with Henry hurt so often this season.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Intresting question. What is harder, a goal that can be scored via an application of great skill, or one that can only be scored via dumb luck?

[/ QUOTE ]I don't see how you can even compare the two.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fergie said Rossi got to choose which club he wanted to go to and he ended up picking the barcodes. Newcastle is just so bad that he wasn't getting any service from the midfield and they were playing him alongside a winger in Duff which was completely stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

not sure if this was posted or not but here is a link where SAF does a little explanation of the Rossi loan...
wasted loan

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for that. I guess he's not going to Sunderland then.