Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2006, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Official Poker Site/Network Tracking thread

Raw data sourced from PokerSiteScout , with permission.

Daily data represents the 24 hour peak Active Real Money Ring Game seats, at each site/network.
Sept Peak represents the max peak at each site across the entire month of September.
1wk Change: Day of Week difference from last week (ie Sat vs Sat last week) for last listed day
3wk Change: Day of week difference compared to the week before the legislation passed
Color Coding: Green(+) and Red(-) represents increase or decrease from previous day
7 day avg: Avg of last 7 days. Sites sorted by 7 day avg. Blue = 7 Day Avg > Sept Peak.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:10 PM

Note, Everest 7 day Avg just peeked over the Sept peak...
Old 10-30-2006, 07:23 PM

Interesting to see the Crypto numbers today. It was the first day without the Betfair players, and their numbers had a significant drop.

Last three mondays Crypto had 2622, 2772 and 2896 players. Today the peak was 2188 players. Thats a drop of 16.5% compared with last monday.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:40 PM

From a competitive standpoint versus party, the best bet for stars, FT, Bodog or UB might be to buy one of the small publicly traded sites that has left the US market, in order to both hurt party more in the only market they have left and with FT/Bodog/UB grow versus stars. And paradise/Bwin should sell itself before there's nothing left to sell.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:04 PM

Just based off a few casual observations it looks like FTP and Stars are seeing continued slow growth. It seems like some Party traffic is filtering over.

I will post the number again at the end of the week so we can see if it's noticable visibly.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:16 PM

Daily data represents the 24 hour peak Active Real Money Ring Game seats, at each site/network.
Sept Peak represents the max peak at each site across the entire month of September.
1wk Change: Day of Week difference from last week (ie Sat vs Sat last week) for last listed day
3wk Change: Day of week difference compared to the week before the legislation passed
Color Coding: Green(+) and Red(-) represents increase or decrease from previous day
7 day avg: Avg of last 7 days. Sites sorted by 7 day avg. Blue = 7 Day Avg > Sept Peak.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:14 AM

Old 11-01-2006, 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting to see the Crypto numbers today. It was the first day without the Betfair players, and their numbers had a significant drop.

Last three mondays Crypto had 2622, 2772 and 2896 players. Today the peak was 2188 players. Thats a drop of 16.5% compared with last monday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, the crypto hit from losing the Betfair players can definately be seen.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:29 AM

Worth noting, holidays have a tendency toward lower traffic. The low numbers from yesterday may be attributable to Halloween.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:00 PM

This is a great thread. And thank you Scout. Your site is on my favorites list now.

I do have a comment though, not sure if anyone touched on this before. As you all can see, the number of drop-offs for Party is not close to 80% of the number of PLAYERS. If the revenue drop off is really close to 80%, this would mean that the way that the analysis is performed above is somewhat flawed.

Let me preface by saying that I check Scout's site pretty often. I always see that Party's peak numbers are more than FT. But I never see the CURRENT Party numbers higher than FT. My theory is that while the number of players in peak hours for Party may be a relatively high, that peak (or even close to the peak) is short lived. This is either because of Foreign (non U.S) players not playing for as long per session on average, or a converging of certain European and maybe Far-East time zones that creates this peak.

A way to get a good analysis is to take a weighted average based on the number of players per hour for each calendar day and divide by 24 to come up with a more meaningful number. I contend that this number would at least switch FT to second and Party to third (and maybe lower?).

Scout, is it possible to do this from your database?

Sorry if this was touched on before.

Thanks Again