Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2007, 04:28 AM

Default Two hands one flop, one turn.

Both of these hands were played in a live game at CP. One hand was at 8/16 and the other at 15/30.

First Hand (15/30):
EP here is an older guy who is playing very loose and passive. He plays far to loose preflop and will almost always peel to the turn, could be bottom pair on a AQ2 board or a legit draw.

LP is a solid player, very TAGish with some LAGish tendencies if he sees a chance to isolate a player and outplay them. Plays pretty straight forward and is very good post flop.

My image here is TAG, I'm folding a lot of cards mostly because of their sucky nature. Not seeing a lot of showdowns but 90% of the times I've shown my hands they've been premium. I'm in the BB

EP limps, LP raises, folds around to me in the BB with T9dd, call, call.

Flop is Qx5d7d, checks around to LP who cbets, I C/R, EP calls 2 cold and LP folds.

Turn board is Qx5d7dQd, I bet, EP raises, I....how do you finish out the turn and play the river?

Hand 2(8/16): Typical CP 8/16 game with a bunch of Loose passives and LAGs.

MP in this instance is a good TAG player. CO is a ridiculous LAG who manages to 3bet PF with hands like QJs, ATo, AJo etc... I'm BB with a very TAG image.

2 limpers to MP who raises, CO 3bets, Button cold calls 3 bets, SB calls, I call with AKo, 1 limper calls, 6 to the flop.

Flop: AT3r checks to MP who bets, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, I c/r, limper calls, MP 3bets, all call.

Turn: 7 which brings a second flush card. Checks to MP who now checks, CO now bets, Button calls, I.....
Old 07-01-2007, 04:39 AM

Default Re: Two hands one flop, one turn.

Hand 1 is a sad spot. People will probably tell you to call down, but it really sounds like you need to let it go against this guy. If it was a blank diamond you could make a somewhat unhappy calldown.

Hand 2 I put in more preflop, try to put more in on the flop and take the lead and at this point I'm not sure if I want to c/r or just call down. Getting a 5 outter or two out would be nice at this point but the problem is I feel the people we could raise at this point are more likely to have 3 outters, while the 5 outters have already put 1 bet in on this street and are going nowhere. Call down feels weird but might be best.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:31 AM

Default Re: Two hands one flop, one turn.

Hand 1: Information we don't have is what kind of hand this guy is capable of raising with in this situation. Does he require something close to the nuts, or is he capable of falling in love with trips Queens here?

I would probably call down......

Hand 2: I would check raise. The limper between you and MP may be reluctant to call two big bets cold with a risk of another raise behind them. You are not going to lose anyone else unless somone 3 bets. I put CO on something like AJ. MP's check is interesting because he would have little reason to expect anyone to bet behind him based upon the play on the flop. He isn't playing for a checkraise; so maybe he has was convinced by the flop play that his AQs is behind......