Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2007, 12:07 PM

Default Stupid intern gets owned by boss via email

The following is a cliffsnotes version of a forwarded email I recently received from a coworker. This coworker knows this kid from back in college. The names and pictures have been slightly modified, as I don't want to completely trainwreck this kid. I already feel bad enough for him...

"Fred" is currently a senior at a relatively reputable college in the Boston area. He also interns at a large, international firm 2 or 3 days a week. He will receive college credit for the internship, as well as a future job (as long as he doesn't [censored] it up).

Fred was scheduled to work early on November 1st. Of course, being the day after Halloween, this simply wouldn't work for a college senior. He decided to email his boss (let's call him "David") the afternoon of the 31st. Fred told David that he wouldn't be able to make it to work the next day, as he had to go home to New York for a family emergency. Fred went out that night, got completely [censored] up, and slept in late the next morning.

The afternoon of the 1st, Fred decided to check his email, and found this gem from his boss:

"Fred,

Thanks for letting us know--hope everything is ok in New York. (cool wand)

Cheers,
David

"

Notice the gay makeup around the eyes.

Unbeknownst to Fred, a fellow coworker had checked his facebook page and found this picture from the night before. The picture eventually found it's way to David.

Oh, and David cc'ed the entire firm. Fred is currently freaking out.

This would probably be my worst nightmare.