Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 02:47 PM

Default TPTK Help and facing Big Reraise from BB

Table had been limping alot, I feel my 1st mistake was Pre Flop, but oh well,how do you play this?

Full Tilt Poker $2 SNG 6 Players
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t25/t50
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: t2135
Hero: t1365
SB: t2645
BB: t2855

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, Hero calls t50 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t75)</font>, SB calls t25 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t125)</font>, BB checks.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t150, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets t150</font>, Hero calls t150 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t300)</font>, SB folds.

At this point in the game BB had been fairly tight. Looking back I should have reraised here. Yes/NO?

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (t450, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets t200</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to t400</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to t1850</font>, Hero??

I reraised here to find out where I was at, but I feel it was a little too late. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Had I reraised on the flop, I would have know more I think, but the turn is a real bad card for me.(I feel it could have been a bad card for villain also if two pair was flopped in BB.

More or less I pretty much screwed this hand up, but that's why I post here, to get advice, so tell me how you guys would have played this.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:59 PM

Default Re: TPTK Help and facing Big Reraise from BB

This is why you don't play garbage early.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:23 PM

Raise preflop. Allowing the blinds to see a cheap flop, you have no idea what they could be holding. I'm thinking about pushing the flop after BB leads. Calling is bad because there are a ton of cards that we don't want to see on the turn.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise preflop.[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I usually don't even play this type of hand so early on, but definitely coming in on the button with a limp is sure weakness. That might have eliminated this post flop problem I put myself in.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:40 PM

Fold or raise preflop. Limping in with hands that you aren't comfortable playing postflop can cause major problems. Raising will give you info and help you play the hand postflop.