Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT

Old 11-09-2007, 09:43 PM

Default Re: $10k Foxwoods - Small underpair multiway hand vs Danny Wong

Danny Wong is such a pain in the ass to play against. This hand makes my head hurt. Danny's range is huge here, you gotta be just calling. He's making this bet with a monster or with air and a wide range in between. Sometimes he's folding to a "bluff raise", sometimes he's behind and your bluff raise is actually a value raise, sometimes he's gonna read your hand and call you with T9, and sometimes he'll show up here with TT.

But, faaak. It's hard for me to find a range of his hands that we beat more than 5.1-1 times. But he knows that. But. Arrrrrrrrgh.

Devo
Old 11-10-2007, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BET TURN, cmon

[/ QUOTE ]

....and quoting's stupid but seriously.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BET TURN, cmon

[/ QUOTE ]

....and quoting's stupid but seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]
i guess you are saying my advice sucks but i guarantee you i know 1000 times more than you about situations like this
Old 11-10-2007, 03:35 AM

Not what I was saying at all. I agree with your advice 100%.

I just think quoting on these boards has gotten a little out of hand is all. You need to mellow out there chappy...
Old 11-10-2007, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He's making this bet with a monster or with air and a wide range in between.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming that Danny Wong is the good, thinking player that I have heard he is he really should have air here a very very small percentage of the time if ever (certainly not 15 percent of the time), OP raised preflop and bet into 5 people, I'm sure Danny knows that more often than not OP is going to at least have a pair, Danny also knows that most people will not fold a pair to this sized river bet so him showing up with air here seems highly unlikely. Not to mention that although he may be crazy and very creative I doubt he is going to try some crazy float here in a 5 way pot so there are really very few "air" hands that he can have, 57 or a 6 being the only two that I can really come up with, and playing either of those hands in this way is very poor imo. The most likely scenario imo is that Danny holds some sort of 10 and has put OP on something like 77-99 and believes that this sized bet will get the most value out of these hands.

Old 11-10-2007, 05:44 AM

westmenlo, that was EXACTLY the reasoning I had at the time and I folded my hand on the river despite getting 5:1.

FWIW I think I definitely should have double barreled on the turn though to get him off Tx and 75, 53 type hands (yes, 75 and 53 are both in his preflop range) since he has to be deathly afraid of an overpair at this point and perhaps the J hits me sometimes as well. I mean sure, he can have bottom or middle set but a naked pair is much more likely than either of those.

And Danny Wong is also good enough to look me up with Tx on the river if I jam over his tiny tiny bet because most people *would* probably bet the turn with an overpair, and if they check for pot control they are not jamming on the river. I represent nothing by shoving river.

edit: also, I gave consideration to the chance that he was betting a 6x on the end hoping to get called by ace-high or whatever, but there's no way he peels that on the flop out of position, not closing the action when I c-bet into *three* people when there's an overcard showing.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:13 AM

Fold>>>>>>>>>>shove& gt;>call
Old 11-10-2007, 07:14 AM

Bet the turn also
Old 11-10-2007, 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not what I was saying at all. I agree with your advice 100%.

I just think quoting on these boards has gotten a little out of hand is all. You need to mellow out there chappy...

[/ QUOTE ]
sorry bud was pretty drunk when i made that, no hard feelings!!
Old 11-10-2007, 01:00 PM

No problem. You a good poster/player. I probably didn't need to make that comment either, but it is true. I rarely if ever just quote someones post as my own. If that is the case, I usually just refrain from posting since what needs to be said was said. But in this thread, you were the only one who said bet the turn and I thought that was dead on and getting overlooked. So I quoted....