Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 08:29 PM

Default New quest

So in the last 2 months ive had highs and ive had lows. Got money online, ran bad to start, then ran better, put in a ton of hands, got up a ton and was rich! Then i started playing high O8 in a juicy games and getting crushed and lost lots of dollars. Fast forward and I'm like pretty much breakeven over the last 2 months (though up a lot playing lhe and nl holdem online, stuck playing O8, omaha hi and lost like 8k playing live... somehow).

I normally play 30-60, 50-100 6 max lhe (preferably 50 100 but rarely goes on the sites i have money on). This stretch has kinda bored me of late as ive been running not very well and i have decided to start a new quest.

I've never really had a lot of money on pokerstars, its just something that I've never really done (no rakeback turns me off), but i recently made a couple smaller epass deposits in order to qualify for the pca (which i have yet to do). So i have like 700 in stars.

I am going to play a lot of lower stakes lhe (right now 3-6) and try to grind up to a decent roll on stars. Hopefully enough to play 30-60, 50-100 at some point in the near future. I will obviously not be using that great of bankroll management, moving up and taking shots with like 100bbs etc. I might continue to move money from other sites over via epass to expedite my movement up in limits.

I realize this is dumb and -EV given that i play so much bigger normally, but i feel like it will help me with my game, and will be a good break from the stresses i have been feeling recently of having +/- 10k days.

Hopefully i run good.

Private Joker - i dunno if this is the wrong forum, but i like med stakes.

Update -

So far today I've played 160 hands 3/6 +275, run good!

god i just reread this and its really poorly written.. haha
Old 10-23-2007, 08:34 PM

Default Re: New quest

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really have a problem with it, but I don't really understand the purpose of the thread -- it reads like a blog post, without any questions for us or topics for discussion.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really have a problem with it, but I don't really understand the purpose of the thread -- it reads like a blog post, without any questions for us or topics for discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha i thought about that when i was writing it and meant to add in questions.

i was kinda just hoping people would comment on whether theyve done anything similar and if they thought it was helpful, if they think its just dumb and a waste of time, etc. if it might be beneficial/detrimental to my higher stakes game.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:03 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

haha i thought about that when i was writing it and meant to add in questions.

i was kinda just hoping people would comment on whether theyve done anything similar and if they thought it was helpful, if they think its just dumb and a waste of time, etc. if it might be beneficial/detrimental to my higher stakes game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love to hear how this goes for you. After not playing online for a long time, I put a few hundred dollars on Full Tilt with the idea of playing small limit games, eg 1/2 and 2/4, and found that I couldn't win a pot! Something is very different compared to a year ago.

Still, I think it is a good thing to get back to playing more internet...I think it will help with my live, mid limit game.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:13 PM

I have a good friend that wants me to be a prop on UB but I just can't get myself to play in $3/6 games that play 10 times tougher than the 20/40 I play in every day.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have decided to start a new quest.

[/ QUOTE ]
How does your new quest fit in or contend with other quests you may have?
Old 10-23-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i have decided to start a new quest.

[/ QUOTE ]
How does your new quest fit in or contend with other quests you may have?

[/ QUOTE ]

other quests were just play as high as i can, play a lot and get rich.

this doesnt really follow that path IMO.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:36 PM

good luck dude, stay away from my tables.