Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2006, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Show your HUD

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have made similar posts on the micro forum before, where we share ideas and compare our layouts. I thought I might try it on this forum as well. Doing this before has provided me with a lot of ideas, and allowed me to share what I think are some good ideas with other players. It has been benficial all the way around.

Here is that you do. Post a screen shot of your HUD and briefly explain it. Seperately (or alternately), discuss what stats you find most helpful, and comment on the HUD layouts of others.

Okay, here is my HUD layout for PS full:

Unlike most others, I color code my statisitics, leaving them all one color. I don't need the color green to tell me that a vpip of 56.2 is very loose. So instead I allow each color to represent one stat.
Here is what each color means:
<font color="green">Vpip
<font color="red">Preflop raise
<font color="blue">Cold call preflop %
<font color="orange">Aggression (top flop, middle turn, bottom river)
<font color="yellow">WtSD</font></font></font></font></font></font></font>
Number of hands in white

A few thoughts for discussion purposes:

I find including CC preflop to be pretty valuable.

I know a lot of people have won$SD, but I wonder if this capture short term luck more than anything of analytical value.

I tried fold to bet by street (similar to how I have aggression by street), but did not find it that useful.

One thing I have been considering is replacing aggression factor with aggression frequency. Anyone have any feedback on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a great layout. I'm going to use that myself I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HOw can i get this?
Old 08-15-2006, 11:49 PM

I made a modification of the stars lay out. I like this better because I have more space for my HUD-numbers (I never use 'fold to any bet', so I removed that one, removed some other things and replaced some other buttons).

Old 08-16-2006, 12:36 AM

Kimberly, can I see one with your numbers displayed?
-Sam
Old 08-16-2006, 02:15 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Sure. At the bottomright there is a description of the numbers (I just sat down at a 1ct/2ct game so there are a lot of N's (not available)).

Old 08-16-2006, 02:26 AM

I guess there is still place for 'sit out next hand' and 'auto post blinds' above the chat box [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

As you can see, the button now is a nice little box [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. The cards are quite light (these are the 'simple' cards which have a dark back), I changed the back so that I would not miss someone still in the hand).

I got rid of the rake chips (it is not functional imo).

I'm thinking about getting rid of the chips, don't know yet [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 08-16-2006, 02:34 AM

Got rid of the chips now, looks better [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I never understood the reason to display chips.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:53 AM

Gregatron,

How do you use "Cold Called Preflop %" in your game. what do you look for, and how do you "exploit" it. The only thing i really find useful is "fold flop / fold turn / fold river" percents, the higher it is the more likely i c-bet.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gregatron,

How do you use "Cold Called Preflop %" in your game. what do you look for, and how do you "exploit" it. The only thing i really find useful is "fold flop / fold turn / fold river" percents, the higher it is the more likely i c-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

The numbers aren't coming to my head at the moment, but if they're cold calling anywhere near double digits after a reasonable number of hands, then I try to go after them. Even better is when you find one that cold calls and then calls down too often with any piece of the board. I just bet for value more and bluff less.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wish there was a way to ensure that numbers were always (e.g.) 3 digits. Then you could ensure that the columns would line-up nicely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmmmmm but there is. Go to Layout Mgr and choose the table site and type for modification.

You will see an area called Formatting. Set the Decimals=3 (or what ever).

Personally, I prefer Zero as it takes up less screen room, allowing a tigher pack around each player. Stats like AF need to be at least One tho.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:45 PM

did u create that odds chart on your own or is that a specific mod?