Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2006, 08:16 PM

Default Re: The Well: Green Plastic

Old 12-01-2006, 08:21 PM

1) Name what you think are the biggest mistakes by µNL and SSNL players (List all you can think of, preferably in order)
2) Name what you think are the most OVERRATED qualities in µNL and SSNL.
3) If you could teach a mediocre player one thing (and you wanted to) for him to get better and move up, what would it be? (Just one!)
4) When moving up, did you have any trouble handling the increasing amount of munies at stake? How did you handle it? Did you have more pressure playing in the beginning?
5) A player has been stuck at a certain limit for an extended period of time (Say, one year on say... NL50 or NL100). What do you think is the most likely cause of this?
6) How do you think poker will do in the future? Will the NL600 games get so tough it won't be profitable anymore for fair to good MSNL players to play there or do you think the poker boom will continue despite the legistation?
7) What do you think are the most important qualities for a player to have to make it as a pro?
8) List what you think are the best ways to improve your game aside from playing hell lot (this one's too obvious)?
9) How can you NOT tilt?!?!
10) Have you played with H@££INGGOL And what are your views on his play? How does he compare to the players you usually play with on other sites.

I'm sorry if some of those crossed with something that has already been asked.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rank the top 5 toughest online NL players (in order).

[/ QUOTE ]

id say aba20, ozzy87, genius28 (havent played a ton at his table but have watched him play and talked with him), cts and antonius are the toughest opponents ive faced, for different reasons, and not necessarily in that order. i really dont think i could rank them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read you on cardplayers referencing Strasser as one of two players you won't play HU. where's the love? is it just that you guys haven't played in a while or have you been playing tougher opponents?
Old 12-02-2006, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Name what you think are the biggest mistakes by µNL and SSNL players (List all you can think of, preferably in order)
2) Name what you think are the most OVERRATED qualities in µNL and SSNL.
3) If you could teach a mediocre player one thing (and you wanted to) for him to get better and move up, what would it be? (Just one!)
4) When moving up, did you have any trouble handling the increasing amount of munies at stake? How did you handle it? Did you have more pressure playing in the beginning?
5) A player has been stuck at a certain limit for an extended period of time (Say, one year on say... NL50 or NL100). What do you think is the most likely cause of this?
6) How do you think poker will do in the future? Will the NL600 games get so tough it won't be profitable anymore for fair to good MSNL players to play there or do you think the poker boom will continue despite the legistation?
7) What do you think are the most important qualities for a player to have to make it as a pro?
8) List what you think are the best ways to improve your game aside from playing hell lot (this one's too obvious)?
9) How can you NOT tilt?!?!
10) Have you played with H@££INGGOL And what are your views on his play? How does he compare to the players you usually play with on other sites.

I'm sorry if some of those crossed with something that has already been asked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not him, but judging from his previous posts the answer to 5 is obviously going to be auto-piloting in some form.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:27 PM

tc, im from chicago too. i grew up in north chicago, and them moved to waukegan, then spring grove for a few years.

one question i have for you is what is your opinion on mulit tabling? is 6+ tables better or 2-4 with better reads better?(im looking for the best number that will help me improve my game while making good monies) right now i play around 6.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i played very well in my opinion, and lost a big pot AIPF with KK vs 99 and then busted getting AK AIPF vs A9 (same player - he yelled "lets see another nine baby," and it got there).

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you lunged across the table and stabbed him in the eye.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:46 PM

when if ever do you use overbets?
Old 12-12-2006, 12:32 AM

Do you think I have the potential to play 50/100 NL and win someday?

Am I awesome?
Old 12-12-2006, 12:36 AM

Taylor i'm a long time card runners member, take me under your wing?!?? O

do you think players now going through SSNL would have a much harder time building and winning than 2 years ago?

if so what do players in SSNL need to adjust to now days to be more sucessful?

what's the longest session you ever played online? live?