Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 11:57 AM

Default Re: Don\'t EVER transfer money on PokerStars, don\'t even send first

I have for a longer time been aware that it's unsafe to transfer money to anyone nor get money transferred from anyone as not only what you say may happen, but one could lose the right to play on that poker site ever again, not to mention there are black lists out there that do no good for you if you find yourself from there. Also, if you get money or send money from someone you trust, you better be sure he hasn't got money from some scammer or hasn't given money to some scammer, as you could get connected in to that.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:16 PM

You got caught man just let it go
Old 10-12-2007, 01:31 PM

OMGZZZZ!!! I gave some money to some guy who I never met before but I super-duper trusted and he didn't pay me back!!
ALERT THE MEDIA!!
Old 10-12-2007, 02:26 PM

Stars is passing the buck. They are the ones responsible for fraud checking, not the players. If all sites were to take the loss in cases like this, as they should, we would not see an easier method for stealing funds. What we would see is better security measures on their part. This would help the sites reputations as well. Do these sites really want to become generally known as places where it is easy to get scammed?
Old 10-12-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The solution is no transfers or at least no transfers for 45 days after a deposit.

[/ QUOTE ]

The real solution is not to send thousands of dollars to people you dont even know. Would you cash a cheque for a stranger walking down the street? LDON

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT
Old 10-13-2007, 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OMGZZZZ!!! I gave some money to some guy who I never met before but I super-duper trusted and he didn't pay me back!!
ALERT THE MEDIA!!

[/ QUOTE ]

he paid me back just fine, but Poker Stars allowed him to transfer funds out to me while he was under investigation, which I think is kind of ridiculous; read the OP
Old 10-13-2007, 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ALERT THE MEDIA!!

[/ QUOTE ]

he paid me back just fine, but Poker Stars allowed him to transfer funds out to me while he was under investigation, which I think is kind of ridiculous; read the OP

[/ QUOTE ]

raze, I agree with you as per my above post. Having said that, I am amazed people do what you did with little knowledge of the other party. It's a harsh lesson but you read about these scams a lot. What possessed you to do it?

You will get little support from many posters because too many of them have blind faith in Stars. If it had happened on Absolute they would all be behind you.

All the sites should ensure the integrity of their players and any scam perpetrated on their site should be their responsibility. No way should they just reclaim from honest players. It should be an issue, in this case, between Stars and the payment processor. However, don't expect it to change any day soon. It is much easier for them to penalise the little honest end user (in this case, you).