Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

View Poll Results: HOT or NOT
HOT 11 44.00%
NOT 14 56.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 08:32 AM

Default Re: Mod Loses Prop Bet, Won\'t Respond To Me

[ QUOTE ]
hmm, today does sound a lot like 'wednesday' which is when I said you should post this, after I had time to get in touch with kyleb and hopefully clear this up privately.

unfortunately, it turns out it's still 'monday' after all. LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha
Old 10-09-2007, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got home 10 minutes ago. The Indians won the series. I won a huge bet on Dallas ML with a friend.

Calm. Down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus H Christ!

Bet thats a week overdue>Bet going on....regardless of the amount.

You are a terrible excuse for a person whos word means ANYTHING and should DEF be booted from the mod program.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Though I would need to defer to other's more qualified and wise then myself, I strongly suspect some of the statements published in this thread could form the foundation of a colorable tort claim in certain states.

[/ QUOTE ]

lolz
Old 10-09-2007, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah diomed don't worry dude you are not out of line at all

[/ QUOTE ]

Prop bets should always be paid same day or as close as possible. To wait 9 days (or even more) is inexcusable.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-09-2007, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I may have missed the party on this one but I just wanted to say that I have owed money to and been owed money by kyle on many occasions over the last couple years and he is one of the few people that I never worry about not paying me. I do think it's important to pay bets on time--I just know that I personally have made mistakes on this kind of stuff before usually because of just being absent-minded or a little checked out. Kyle is a trustworthy person and myself and others have been involved in loans and business deals involving fairly significant amounts of money and I don't know anybody that would seriously question whether he would make right on a prop bet or a debt.

Kyle is an avid prop better and I've seen him take beatings on prop bets and never hesitate to pay in any way. He is an honorable gambler and I have no doubt the delay in payment here was done without malice.

The sale of the web sites and so forth is a major derailment. I don't have first hand knowledge of the transaction but I don't really see how a business deal falling through and a 7 day delay in paying a penny ante prop bet do anything but act as pathetically insufficient grounds for attacking a person's credit and trustworthiness, valuable assets in this world we live in.

[/ QUOTE ]

To me it doesn't really matter if he's been honorable most of the time all that matters is the one or two times he welched... geez making this guy plead in an internet forum for a measly $200 and on top of that making a deal to buy a business, then backing off for 40 days and saying "oops sorry", man that is so sick and unethical. He's obviously guilty considering he resorts to "Whatever, you guys say what you want to say, I know the truth."

[ QUOTE ]
Though I would need to defer to other's more qualified and wise then myself, I strongly suspect some of the statements published in this thread could form the foundation of a colorable tort claim in certain states.

[/ QUOTE ]

I strongly suspect you are wrong and that's just a [censored] retarded thing to say. Seriously.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lolz

[/ QUOTE ]

Defendent DamitBob and his unnamed business will be sued by Plaintiff kyleb and his unnamed business?

Thread lawyer. hahahaha. Go back to filing paperwork tort boy. I'm sure kyleb appreciated you and Dids sticking up for him. Its now 92-2.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got home 10 minutes ago. The Indians won the series. I won a huge bet on Dallas ML with a friend.

Calm. Down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I'm not sure you could come off any worse in this thread.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lolz

[/ QUOTE ]

Defendent DamitBob and his unnamed business will be sued by Plaintiff kyleb and his unnamed business?

Thread lawyer. hahahaha. Go back to filing paperwork tort boy. I'm sure kyleb appreciated you and Dids sticking up for him. Its now 92-2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow reading comprehension is not a strong point of the neanderthals in this thread. While a heightened ability to make assumptions is.

My point in a nutshell is simply that if you are engaging in financial transactions with people that do not go smoothly and their is bad blood and so forth, publishing your vitrol and un cited accusations of bad credit and scumminess is very risky. You don't know who could be reading this and what the future consequences of your statements could be.

It is imprudent to air our your grievances in this manner in a public internet message board. I think any lawyer in the world would advise you against it or atleast require that you post full support included non-confidential e-mail conversations, chat logs, etc. And if you think the point about your identity and the business not being named is relevant you are even more of a waste of my keystrokes then I originally assumed. Want to prop bet on an o/u on how many hours it would take a qualified lawyer/PI team to know everything there is to know about you?
Old 10-09-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

To me it doesn't really matter if he's been honorable most of the time all that matters is the one or two times he welched... geez making this guy plead in an internet forum for a measly $200 and on top of that making a deal to buy a business, then backing off for 40 days and saying "oops sorry", man that is so sick and unethical. He's obviously guilty considering he resorts to "Whatever, you guys say what you want to say, I know the truth."

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand your point. Offering up my personal experience of Kyle and my own opinion of his credit in the community does not directly address what caused this thread.

It should be viewed as simply more evidence of why this approach to the problem seems imprudent and unnecessary to those who know Kyle. Any benefit this type of public scourging gives to the micro-limit prop better who rightfully wants to get his due could have probably been obtained successfully without potentially damaging attacks on a fellow member of the community. Also, I find it a little bizarre that the poster was given a clear (and very wise in my opinion) time-line by the forum mod which he violated with impunity. I know it is the aim of the mods to keep this kind of personal financial business out of the forums for legal reasons. If the mod here set up a strict timeline he felt ameliorates the unnecessary train-wreck factor and he was disrespected by the making of this thread--why was it not immediately pulled?

There was a time where I would have been fine with this approach to alleged welching but after clocking 4 years in this business dealing with this kind of stuff day in and day out, this kind of behavior in this thread just strikes me as immature, pointless, damaging and counter-productive.

In the sports betting world for example, the books, sharps and syndicates use mediation and established industry watchdogs to facilitate the resolution of disputes quietly. Only once things reach a certain level does the public lambasting begin. There are sound reasons for this. LOL all the [censored] you want. Adanathar was trying to create our own version of that by his directive because he clearly has a clue.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lolz

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look, you are an affiliate who tried to cash-in. The deal fell through. If you don't really care all that much about the money and sites are profitable for you, then your only purpose is to make sure thousands of people are told they should not trust a particular individual without substantiating the basis for that assertion with any kind of showing that carries any weight. This is careless, irresponsible, imprudent and unkind. Typical behavior of course for no-class over-stimulated internet dorks.
Closed Thread