Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2006, 09:17 AM

Default WSOP House Fees

Seems like with all the TV money from ESPN and the others Harras should cut the entry FEE from the WSOP---
XX% of prize pool plus TV and Advertising $$$ should more then make up for what they would missin the entry fee..HELL JUST ONE PIZZA SLICE BOUGHT FROM EACH PLAYER WOULD COVER THE ENTRY FEE LOL
Old 06-21-2006, 10:11 AM

Default Re: WSOP House Fees

I'm convinced. Unfortunately, it will be harder for you to convince Harrah's that they don't actually need millions of dollars. Good luck with that though!
Old 06-21-2006, 10:23 AM

Yes, let's needlessly slice our profits with no benefit to ourselves, I'm pretty sure that kind of thinking is what has made Harrah's the worlds biggest gambling related company.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:13 PM

It should, but they won't.

Pretty much anything televised usually has money added to the prizepool from TV revenue (not to mention TV money covering expenses).

Televised poker is the only TV event I can think of where the producers take all the TV revenue and then take a slice of the prizepool on top of that. They even subtract dealer gratuities from the prizepool automatically now.

Even though the TV money should go to the players, it won't happen. The people who own the rights to the WSOP will never give up that extra profit.