Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

View Poll Results: Are you aware that this act was
Yes 8 88.89%
No 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2007, 06:42 PM

Default Re: ***The Official TORONTO RAPTORS 2007-2008 Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
I think the Raps are a trade away from truly being an EC contender.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you have in mind?
Old 11-17-2007, 07:09 PM

This is just a random thought that occurred to me, but Richard Jefferson would look damn good as a Raptor.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:25 PM

^^^Like T-Mac said, a top flight SF would be nice. flagefwegfwef I can't believe the Raps turned down a Mo Pete + filler for AK47 trade last year (due to AK's ridic contract). But more importantly, a rugged rebounder with a decent offensive game would make this team soooo much better. Someone who would just play the low post and not be worthless like Rasho.

It isn't possible right now, but a guy LIKE Tyson Chandler would be amazing. We don't need him to score, just to be a defensive presence and get garbage points when he needs to.

There are too many good players on the Raps, but we still have holes that need to be fixed. I wouldn't trade Jose just yet but it's something that has to be considered, especially that he has (indirectly) asked for more minutes and likely won't be given them. It wouldn't surprise me if he walks at the end of the year when a team throws a boatload of cash his way. The whole "mistreatment" of Garbo doesn't help either.

This might be another T-Mac situation when the fans are confident he'll stay and expect him to stay, but will leave for a bigger role and more money.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There are too many good players on the Raps, but we still have holes that need to be fixed. I wouldn't trade Jose just yet but it's something that has to be considered, especially that he has (indirectly) asked for more minutes and likely won't be given them. It wouldn't surprise me if he walks at the end of the year when a team throws a boatload of cash his way. The whole "mistreatment" of Garbo doesn't help either.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2007, 05:10 AM

Bobbo,
There might be too many good players as in we have a deep bench full of mediocre players. A lot of those mediocre players could be a good addition and have a lot more value for teams that are not as deep.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:41 AM

Im looking at getting tix for the following games, any 2p2ers interested:

Fri Nov 30 vs Cleveland 7 pm
Wed Dec 5 vs Suns 7 pm
Wed Dec 12 vs Dallas 7pm
Sun Dec 16 vs Boston 1 pm
Fri Jan 4 vs Detroit 7 pm
Sun Jan 6 vs Cleveland 1 pm
Fri Feb 1 vs Lakers 7 pm
Mon Feb 11 vs Spurs 7 pm
Wed Feb 13 vs Nets 7 pm
Wed Mar 19 vs Miami 7 pm
Wed Mar 26 vs Detroit 7 pm
Fri April 11 vs Nets 7pm
Mon April 14 vs Miami 7 pm

I alreayd have 2 in sec 113 for the suns game (thanks ebay), the seller contacted me and said he has 6 of them side by side, and will hold them for me until at least monday.

I can also score 4 in the same section for the Dec 16 Boston game.

The weekday games work beter for my schedule, as weekend evenings/afternoons are when I try and convince myself to grind out the hours online
Old 11-18-2007, 07:08 AM

The Raps are really inefficient because Delfino/Kapono/Garbo/etc. could all be playing more minutes at a similar efficiency. We need to sacrifice depth for one good player, if we are just going to throw out random names I would really like Luol Deng, but since the Bulls wouldn't give him up in a Kobe trade I doubt that is happening.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Raps are really inefficient because Delfino/Kapono/Garbo/etc. could all be playing more minutes at a similar efficiency. We need to sacrifice depth for one good player, if we are just going to throw out random names I would really like Luol Deng, but since the Bulls wouldn't give him up in a Kobe trade I doubt that is happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Deng and Josh Smith were 2 of the first names that came to mind. Sadly we don't have a chance at either.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Raptors had the 2nd best bench scoring production in the NBA last year, and we have the best backup PG in the league. They're not all stars but you know what I mean, all of these guys can be very good contributors.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree 100%. This could also be an argument for trading Calderon.