Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 10-24-2007, 11:04 AM

Default FTP Answers 10/24

For reference, previous answers thread:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...umber=12511693

1. Re: Software performance levels - Can this be rolled out incrementally at all?

- Sort of. The larger project that should dramatically improve performance can't really be released incrementally. However, there are a number of smaller fixes in the next update (coming soon!) that should make a difference. How significant a difference depends a lot on your particular problem/computer setup.

2. Doug bring back the old lobby with all the filters.

- We definitely still plan on improving the ring game filtering. I don't have a timeline for when that will happen, though. I do know that the ability to hide full tables will show up in the next update, so that's a little bit more filtering.

3. Please add heads up PLO8 cash games.

- This should be done by the end of the week. Let me know if it isn't.

4. Are bugs that are reported on the FTP website ever responded to?

- Usually only if the QA folks need more info from you. They are all read and looked into, though.

5. Get the new Ipods for the store

- Done and done. (Actually, I think this was done before the question was even asked, the store just wasn't updated yet.)

6. ETA for serving Euro customers electronics from the FTP store?

- I'm told we're just waiting on a change to the store functionality. It looks like "by the end of November" is the closest I can give to a real ETA.

7. Auto-reload or failing this some ability that makes it easier not to miss one of your blinds right after you get stacked (this tilting you further). Auto-reload obviously better.

- Yeah this has been a pet project of mine forever. It's been on the schedule for just about every update this year, only to get pulled at the last second! Unfortunately, this includes the next couple of updates. I'm pretty sure I've broken through this time, though, and it should stay on the schedule for the first release of the new year (probably February-March). Sorry for the constant delay on this one.

8. could there be a seperate way to buy $26 tokens with FT points?

- Probably not buying them outright, but as someone else noticed, we did just add a 600 FTP SNG where the winner gets a $26 token. I'm sure there will be more of this sort of thing offered eventually, as these are already proving pretty popular.

9. Why are some single stack tournaments starting at level 15/30, while others start at 10/20? Can't you just make them all start at 10/20?

- The older, untouched tournaments were all created with 15/30 as their first level, and any time a new one gets added or an old one gets changed, it gets 10/20 to start. All of the NL Hold'em tournaments should eventually start at 10/20. Let me know if you have a particular favorite in mind that you want to see change sooner rather than later.

10. let me play on more than 12 tables ...maybe 14 or 15 ..thnk u

- I hear this is now possible. Ask support.

11. 360s, ps3s and wiis please.

- Video games are addictive.

12. Whenever I close multiple tables one after another the FTP client "dies" (i.e. I get a Windows error message saying it encountered a problem and must close). The only way around it I've found is to wait like 15 seconds between each table closure.
and
when i try and change the hand history folder full tilt insta closes down.

- Those are both weird and unknown to me. I passed them both on to the QA department to try to figure out. They came back to me and said they couldn't reproduce either. If you can write up a good step by step way to reproduce and provide as much specific system information and info on any other applications you might be running at the same time and pass it on to me (PM or email), that might help us find and fix the problem(s).

13. Bigger buy-in LIMIT holdem MTT's.

- We used to have a $100+$9 weekly limit hold'em tournament, it didn't do very well. I'll see about maybe finding a good spot for a $69+$6.

14. More items in the store. More electronics.

- I bug the store folks all the time to keep adding items. I'm pretty sure stuff is coming.

15. More mid-level double stack $30,$40 buyin MTT's.

- Any specific time in mind?

16. Have a barebone, simple as possible version of the software for people that prefer performance over looks.

- I'd rather just have a full version that performs great for just about everyone. Turns out doing that is about as much work as pulling everything out and creating a barebones version.

17. Bad beat jackpot tables.

- Unlikely to happen any time soon.

18. Ability to change screename at least once.

- Unlikely to happen any time soon.

19. Different starting time for Iron Man Freerolls...Sat afternoon is terrible...

- Saturday afternoon is one of the few times that the vast majority of our players can comfortably be online at the same time. Did you have a day/time in mind that you think would work better for everyone?

20. Stop the lobby from popping up when you close a table or decline a table

- I think you'll be pleased after the next update.

21. I dont like the fact that they are single stack and 180 man. make it a double stack pull back the players to 90 oh and the 26 *token* is perfect price for this.

22. A little more protection for people making interaccount transfers to make sure they are sending to the right account (lPOD <> 1P0D). Look at what other sites are doing, such as including city or requiring the sender to know the person's real first name.

23. Also please stop opening the tournament lobby when a tournament finishes and then the main lobby after you close that.

- You will be less pleased. We don't have any plans to change this.

24. R+A supersatellites to 216's/530's/whatever using FTP's as entries. E.g., 1600 FTP rebuy and add-on with one 216 entry for each 50k of FTP entered. (Similar to Stars.)

- Unfortunately I don't think we can do that yet. I'd definitely like to see those, too. Probably not high priority enough to get in any time soon.

25. In the lobby, allow tables to be sorted by stakes and table size first, then subordered by table name. This stops the tables from jumping around the list just because the number on the waitlist changes.

- Would this be fixed if we just ignored the number of players on the waitlist for the purposes of sorting by number of seated players? The way you describe it above, you'd have a full table next to a table with 1 player at it next to a table with 5, etc etc, and that might be more annoying then the jumping around from wait list movement. Either way, I'll add something like this to our list of lobby tweaks.

26. Would it be remotely possible to have heads up matches against your favorite pros as a prize in the ftp store (or Iron Man store I guess)?

- I like it as an Iron Man item. I'll try to add something like that to the list.

27. fix the limit tourney structures, make them more like Stars for sure. I pretty much quit playing large tourneys on FT because the structure is just subtly a little too steep at the beginning... especially switch to 12 minute rounds in HORSE. 10 minute HORSE sucks sucks SUCKS.

- If it's just a bit steep at the beginning, would upping most limit events to 2000 starting chips help enough? Next time we change the nightly HORSE guarantee I'll try to update it to 12 minute levels.

28. Doug! I am very surprised that you did not comment on the window focus issue. It's the one thing that tilts me the [censored] out. Seems like an easy fix. Why hasn't it happened?

- Can you explain this one a bit more? What focus issue? The client should never steal your cursor focus, so you should be able to keep typing in whatever window you've been typing in even if another window pops up over it.

29. I cashed out of FTP due to the sound going missing over and over.

- This has been officially voted the most annoying bug of all time by our QA team. It's nearly impossible to reproduce consistently (for us) but clearly affects a decent number of people. We're trying to up the priority in getting this fixed, I'm hoping we can do it by the end of the year.

30. also, get some 30in monitors please.

- I'm told this is happening. Might be expensive!

31. Add more items to the ironman store

- Planning on it. Also planning on fully automating Iron Man store purchases. Both should (hopefully!) happen around the same time as European electronics (towards the end of November).

32. an issue with AHK bet pot script locks up FT and give me the blue screen of death. i'm sure this is just an interrupt not handled by the FT software and should be an easy fix.

- I have no idea what you're talking about! If someone writes up a very specific and technical bug report and emails/PMs it to me I'll pass it on to the people that can do something about it.

33. Any way after you have completed your 13 month in the Ironman Challange you could earn double Full Tilt points. If that does not work what option could there me for your regular high volume players to make more Full Tilt Points per hand?

- The option to buy more points from the Iron Man store sort of acts like this. I definitely agree that completing 13 months in the Iron Man Challenge deserves some extra recognition. We have a promotion in mind for the end of the year that should reward the players who have done this. I guess the shorter answer is, "No, but we have other kinds of rewards in mind."

34. Why don't you have tournament summaries?

- It's another one of those projects that keeps getting bumped. I'm going to try to get tournament summaries as a link off of the current "Tournament History" link from the Requests menu so you can at least have an easy way to look it up. We will eventually have the option to have them emailed to you automatically, I just don't know when.

35. The ability to filter out full-ring, PL, HU and capped games from the lobby would be great.

- Agreed!

36. Nobody asked this yet, but to head it off at the pass:

Yes, I'm aware of the current "sillysal" thread. I'm helping out where I can to speed up the resolution of the case, but it's mostly in Support's hands and Sean will do what he can to keep people updated who need to be updated.

Doug
Old 10-24-2007, 11:18 AM

Default Re: FTP Answers 10/24

thank you for the updates doug, greatly appreciated i'm sure by lots...

nice to hear that u'll be adding electronics ( iphone hopefully [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) to the store and more stuff to the iron man store...

edit: just saw Q 20, thank you very much
Old 10-24-2007, 11:19 AM

omg, can we really play more than 12 tables now? If so, aweseomeeeeeeeeee.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
7. Auto-reload or failing this some ability that makes it easier not to miss one of your blinds right after you get stacked (this tilting you further). Auto-reload obviously better.

- Yeah this has been a pet project of mine forever. It's been on the schedule for just about every update this year, only to get pulled at the last second! Unfortunately, this includes the next couple of updates. I'm pretty sure I've broken through this time, though, and it should stay on the schedule for the first release of the new year (probably February-March). Sorry for the constant delay on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doug you guys are [censored] burning money...
Old 10-24-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
23. Also please stop opening the tournament lobby when a tournament finishes and then the main lobby after you close that.

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh. thats lame, please reconsider
Old 10-24-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doug you guys are [censored] burning money...

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not hard at all to reload during a hand. In fact, every time I invest a penny preflop the first thing I do is reload just in case I drop under 100BBs if I lose the hand.

Oh wait, you're a short-stacker. Stay at Stars plzkthx.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh. thats lame, please reconsider

[/ QUOTE ]
Whoops, I just realized that question/answer is a little confusing. The first part will not be happening (the tournament lobby will still open when you close the tournament table) but the second part you will be able to turn off (the main lobby popping up when you close the tournament lobby).

Sorry for the confusion.

Doug
Old 10-24-2007, 12:07 PM

if it isn't too much trouble can you put the stack sizes in the first HH of a sng? I dont know if this is just a problem with husngs or not, but not having the stack sizes in there messes up some programs.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:16 PM

Whoever asked for:
[ QUOTE ]

17. Bad beat jackpot tables.

[/ QUOTE ]
Die.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if it isn't too much trouble can you put the stack sizes in the first HH of a sng? I dont know if this is just a problem with husngs or not, but not having the stack sizes in there messes up some programs.

[/ QUOTE ]
Very true and very annoying.