Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 10:19 PM

Default Re: LC - Why don\'t you play 6 max ?

I play both, but my long term winrate at six max is about double what it is at full ring. I play full ring whenever I feel like turning off my mind and just going on autopilot 9+ tabling while watching TV, this might be the reason why the winrate is so much different.

The play at six max is much worse, and it's fun to be able to value bet tp/tk on the turn without it feeling like a bluff. The play at full ring is so straight forward though that it's pretty easy to make the right choices most of the time and feel good about it, even if it's not as profitable.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lately I have been playing 6max hoping it will improve my FR game.

[/ QUOTE ]I have gone from full ring from about Sept 03-April 06 and then 6-max from April 06 until now and I feel the play in 6 max has helped my full ring game enormously. I now play both with about the same wr in both.

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to know people's thoughts on this. How has multitabling 6max gone for people?
I would assume it is close to impossible to 12 table at significant stakes

[/ QUOTE ] I find it impossible to 12 table 6 max but I don't find it hard to get in the same amount of hands per hour.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lately I have been playing 6max hoping it will improve my FR game.

[/ QUOTE ]I have gone from full ring from about Sept 03-April 06 and then 6-max from April 06 until now and I feel the play in 6 max has helped my full ring game enormously. I now play both with about the same wr in both.

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to know people's thoughts on this. How has multitabling 6max gone for people?
I would assume it is close to impossible to 12 table at significant stakes

[/ QUOTE ] I find it impossible to 12 table 6 max but I don't find it hard to get in the same amount of hands per hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

most of ssnl plays 8-12 tables of 6max, personally I can't do it but many can.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This blows me away, and I wasn't aware of this. I usually 9-11 table full ring, but find it takes everything I got to 8 table six max and usually just 6 table.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This blows me away, and I wasn't aware of this. I usually 9-11 table full ring, but find it takes everything I got to 8 table six max and usually just 6 table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that most people are over 8 tables. I'm the same way in that I can do 6 tables 6-max comfortably but usually fill both my monitors (8 tables) with full ring.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:30 AM

i play FR cuz less variance
i can 10table without an issue
my winrate is higher
cuz i can play for 20hrs and make 2 hard decisions
cuz i can play longer cuz less mental anguish
cuz hand ranges are easier to read

i dunno...nice mix up from 6max
Old 08-20-2007, 04:13 AM

I chose FR since I figured most of my money would come from grinding bonuses, and I figured FR would be better for this as I could have a tighter game, which all the books recommend for beginners. Unfortunately I never managed to play tight though. And I think 6M would be just as good for bonuses.

I do want to learn short handed though, since now when I see a juicy FR table with only 4 players of who I know three are weak I still feel like I can't outplay them short handed [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I've solved this by taking a good seat and sitting out until the table gets filled, but I think I lose a significant advantage by not taking the money when its easily available.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:16 AM

I don't like the variance of 6 max
The aggression of 6 max effects my play negatively
I can play a TAG game at FR and feel good about it
Old 08-20-2007, 05:19 AM

I started playing FR cause I started in tournaments and most tournaments are 9-10 handed. What I have found, though, is that most decent players at the lower levels play tight at FR. I play a little looser than most, and I can because most people are pretty transparent with their hands and don't adjust well to loose players. Playing looser than most is a lot of fun, and I actually think I'd have to tighten up a little to play 6max, as strange as that sounds (basically because anyone decent is going to be playing a little loser short handed).

Also, the tight regs really do a horrible job of adjusting to live ones when they show up, so even though there are fewer really loose players at FR than at 6max (from what I hear), it isn't hard to isolate them in FR when the rest of the table is playing 12/6.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I also prefer to play a TAG game and my opinion is that 6-max is more suited to a LAG player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ehh, what I think you mean is that if you like LAG play and really can't or won't play TAG, then 6-max is for you. Or maybe TAG doesn't fly at 6-max. Or both.

LAG play can do very nicely in FR.