Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit

Old 07-17-2007, 04:44 AM

Default Re: 1/2 H.O. Foxwoods

[ QUOTE ]
Owned...

[/ QUOTE ]

please tell me it was you dave?

if so i ask him if he minds if we put it AI and run it twice [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2007, 04:46 AM

as for the hand i prob call down about 80% of the time unless hes a nit
Old 07-18-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think u can safely fold the RIVER...there is NOTHING u can beat on the river besides an outright bluff and i dont see that happening because he may have been SEMI bluffing at pot on TURN and got there on river with a small pair with a diamond in his hand or no diamond and 2 pairs.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is totally correct, ESPECIALLY because you are in the mixed game playing limit HE at foxwoods. The mixed game players there are not limit HE players, and in fact almost no one at foxwoods is. Thus it's REALLY likey that the above analysis is right on the mark. The chance of you running into no hand/almost no draw/raise on the turn is extraordinarily slim (maybe 1-2%?).

This is an interesting hand, because a while go there was a discussion in the Brick and Mortar forum about how soft the foxwoods mixed game is, and I mentioned that a lot of new players have gone into the game and gotten beat up because they didn't know the players. Sounds like exactly what happened here. You played it well, it just happens that you were in that 1-2% scenario. In EV land, you made $120 or so, so congratulations.

PS - You got OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWNED! That guy probably needed a new biitch. Enjoy.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think u can safely fold the RIVER...there is NOTHING u can beat on the river besides an outright bluff and i dont see that happening because he may have been SEMI bluffing at pot on TURN and got there on river with a small pair with a diamond in his hand or no diamond and 2 pairs.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is totally correct, ESPECIALLY because you are in the mixed game playing limit HE at foxwoods. The mixed game players there are not limit HE players, and in fact almost no one at foxwoods is. Thus it's REALLY likey that the above analysis is right on the mark. The chance of you running into no hand/almost no draw/raise on the turn is extraordinarily slim (maybe 1-2%?).

This is an interesting hand, because a while go there was a discussion in the Brick and Mortar forum about how soft the foxwoods mixed game is, and I mentioned that a lot of new players have gone into the game and gotten beat up because they didn't know the players. Sounds like exactly what happened here. You played it well, it just happens that you were in that 1-2% scenario. In EV land, you made $120 or so, so congratulations.

PS - You got OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWNED! That guy probably needed a new biitch. Enjoy.

[/ QUOTE ]

the only thing is the older guys think they can push around the younger players in 75-150+ games at foxwoods, i get shown bluffs all the time in the high limits but it is only very very rare i get shown bluffs in the 20-40 hold em games by any players except some of the weaker "pros".
Old 07-20-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the only thing is the older guys think they can push around the younger players in 75-150+ games at foxwoods, i get shown bluffs all the time in the high limits but it is only very very rare i get shown bluffs in the 20-40 hold em games by any players except some of the weaker "pros".

[/ QUOTE ]

this is true esp. if im on the button and josh is in the BB and ive drank like 3 redbulls haha [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

that game is rediculously soft though, but i agree w/ the other guy in thinking that you really need to know how some of them play to get an accurate read.. but most of the time you can figure that out in a few rotations b/c they really do play holdem and O8 obnoxiously bad.. definitly use BR management (i know, sounds ironic coming from me) b/c there is no folding going on in the O8 section.

they really do play holdem horribly i wish there were more guys playing holdem in the game when i was there playing it.. nobody wanted to play holdem when i was there for those few months.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:27 PM

pre-flop - chop
Old 07-23-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pre-flop - chop

[/ QUOTE ]

hope ur not serious