Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2007, 06:56 PM

Default FTP Rakeback / Promotions MRG Analysis

So, I've been playing some on FTP lately and I'm trying to figure out all the perks and what theyre worth.

I know there are 85 thousand threads that contain pieces of the info im interested in, and ive read a good deal of them, but i'm hoping to get together a total recap of FTP's perks.

First, I have RB like most other people now. I've read a lot that the medals/freerolls/buying things in the store with points, etc. will deduct significant amounts from your MRG (thus, taking away from RB amounts).

Does anyone have any accurate info on how exactly FTP figures when and how much to deduct from MRG?

I understand that whatever bonus money you earn (from reloads or intial deposit bonus, etc.) is deducted directly from MRG, but that somehow having RB and clearing bonus money is better than just having RB OR just cleaing bonuses. can someone explain this concept - how does it work that having RB and bonus clearing is better than whichever of the two pays more than the other?

10k points seems to be worth crica 40$ in the FTP store, depending on the item you want. so, if you purchsed somethine for 100k points (in theory, a 400$ item), my understanding is that 400$ would be deducted from your MRG, which id you had 25% rakeback, would be 100$ cash out of your pocket (meaning, youd get 100$ less in rakeback). is my understanding of how spending points in the FTP store affects MRG?

Also, i believe (not sure, can someone clear it up), that you can spend your points for tourneys (for instance, i see that you can spend 10k points to enter the Poker After Dark qualifier and i believe you can enter satellites for the Tourney tokens - does using your points for these tournaments affect your MRG the same way purchasing something in the store would?

Now, i've read the FTP link about the iron man challenge medals and freerolls and i, for the absolute life of me, cant get a grasp on what the hell is going on there. http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/iron-man-challenge/ - does anyone have a brief synopsis for me on this? also, how do medals and the accompanying freerolls affect MRG, if at all?

I realize that no one probably has all the answers to my above questions, but if you know anything FOR A FACT (not speculation) please post in this thread whatever you know.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:10 PM

Default Re: FTP Rakeback / Promotions MRG Analysis

[ QUOTE ]

I understand that whatever bonus money you earn (from reloads or intial deposit bonus, etc.) is deducted directly from MRG, but that somehow having RB and clearing bonus money is better than just having RB OR just cleaing bonuses. can someone explain this concept - how does it work that having RB and bonus clearing is better than whichever of the two pays more than the other?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll explain this part...

You get $600 FTP initial sign-up bonus, clear it in a month, during which your MGR would have been $2000.

They subtract $600 from $2000, leaving you with MGR of $1400. You get 27% on that, or $378. Total bonus + rakeback = $978, way better than either one alone.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:19 PM

You'd probably get some good answers in the Affiliates/Rakeback forum.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:57 PM

Link to rakeback + bonus calculations at FullTilt. $$$ of rake depends on limits played and # of hands.

IronMan free rolls hit your MGR. Receiving and spending medals does not, though the items you buy with the medals will hit MGR at the usual rate when you use them (tourney tix for your buyin + overlay, points for cash value of item purchased, bonus directly to MGR, etc.).

FT Points are value at 1/2 cent each when subtracted from MGR. A 60,000 point item in the store is equivalent to $300 off MGR, which will reduce your rakeback by $81. Items do seem slightly overpriced compared to retail, but remember the $$ equivalent included shipping, so that probably makes up for the difference.

This should be in the affiliate/rakeback forum.