Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 03:17 AM

Default Dumbest cashier ever? (TR kinda-sorta)

So my friend and I were running late to a little UFC get together thing and stopped to get something to eat before the match.

We decide since we are running short on time we'll just go to some fast food joint.

We reach the end of the stretch and decide on Burger King, because when you think of quality frozen beef patties, you should always be thinking Burger King.

Anyway I havn't figured out what I want to order so I tell my friend to order first. Behind the cashier is a sign/promo advertising some Bacon Western Whopper Meal for like $5.69. He tells the cashier he wants that meal and the cashier informs him that the computer system is new, so he can't place the order as a meal, and instead must ring up each item individually. This takes the meal price to $6.97, and my friend is like WTF?? Guy is like "Sorry can't do anything!"

So then my friend is like WTF? and orders the bacon whopper meal that is also on promo price for like $5.99 for a large meal.

The [censored] cashier asks him repeatedly what it is that he wants, and my friend has to point out the sign that is on display like 3 feet behind him at which point he finally starts ringing it up not as a meal. The total ends up coming to like $7 again.

At this point I'm in line like laughing at how [censored] stupid the cashier is and ask if there is a manager around. The guy just looks at me and says "Yeah". I'm like, ok so is there a manager around I can talk to and the stupid monkey is like "Yeah, me."

At this point I just turn to my friend, and I'm like "Yo, we're outta here!"

So I'm really just kind of curious what kind of retard "manager" doesn't know the items on the menu, and won't offer to discount/price match the meal pricing even if it isn't in the "new computer system".

I really should have asked for the franchise owner information, and his name, because I highly doubt that that stupid mongoloid was the actual manager, and if he was, he deserves to be fired.

Anyone else have similar retarded experiences?
Old 07-08-2007, 03:22 AM

Default Re: Dumbest cashier ever? (TR kinda-sorta)

[ QUOTE ]
At this point I'm in line like laughing at how [censored] stupid the cashier is and ask if there is a manager around. The guy just looks at me and says "Yeah". I'm like, ok so is there a manager around I can talk to and the stupid monkey is like "Yeah, me."

[/ QUOTE ]

This reminds me of that Chappelle show bit Pop Copy

"I AM the manager, B!"
Old 07-08-2007, 03:29 AM

The manager has a right to manage the restaurant however he wants! Screw you guys for demanding the price you were told. Good for the manager for having the balls to stand up to a customer for once.

Should have called Burger King ahead of time to make sure they were actually going to sell you the meal at that price. It's your fault.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:33 AM

The thing is I really don't think he was the manager.

He was just dressed in simple BK polo attire and had like prison tats on his arms/fingers.

In my experience the actual manager normally wears like a button down shirt, and slacks and normally doesn't look like he has committed at least one felony in his lifetime.

But yeah, way to not honor the price listed on the wall 2 feet behind the cash register!

WAY TO STICK IT TO THOSE DAMN PESKY CUSTOMERS!!!
Old 07-08-2007, 03:34 AM

Maybe you should have asked him to sing happy birthday
Old 07-08-2007, 04:19 AM

You're serious? THAT'S your nomination for dumbest cashier ever? I've got two nominations that blow yours out of the water:

I went to Friendly's for lunch once, and brought the check up to the cashier after I was done eating. The total was $5.56. I handed her the check, and a $20 bill. She hit a few buttons. The drawer popped open. She then called the manager over.

MANAGER: What's up?

CASHIER: His check was for $5.56, and he gave me a $20. Under "Amount Tendered", instead of typing $20, I accidentally typed $5.56, so the machine says I owe him $0.00 change.

MANAGER: That's no biggie. Just give him his change.

CASHIER: Yeah, but how much is that?

LADY IN LINE BEHIND ME: Oh my God!

VOICE ON DRIVE-THRU INTERCOM: Welcome to Taco Bell, may I take your order?

ME: I'd like two tacos supreme, a chicken quesadilla, a steak baja chalupa, and a large Diet Pepsi with no ice.

VOICE: I have two tacos supreme, one chicken quesadilla, one steak baja chalup, and a large Diet Pepsi with no ice. Is that correct?

ME: (pleasantly surprised that she got it right on the first try) Precisely!

VOICE: (pause) Er...what does that mean?
Old 07-08-2007, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

VOICE ON DRIVE-THRU INTERCOM: Welcome to Taco Bell, may I take your order?

ME: I'd like two tacos supreme, a chicken quesadilla, a steak baja chalupa, and a large Diet Pepsi with no ice.

VOICE: I have two tacos supreme, one chicken quesadilla, one steak baja chalup, and a large Diet Pepsi with no ice. Is that correct?

ME: (pleasantly surprised that she got it right on the first try) Precisely!

VOICE: (pause) Er...what does that mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this one.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're serious? THAT'S your nomination for dumbest cashier ever? I've got two nominations that blow yours out of the water:

I went to Friendly's for lunch once, and brought the check up to the cashier after I was done eating. The total was $5.56. I handed her the check, and a $20 bill. She hit a few buttons. The drawer popped open. She then called the manager over.

MANAGER: What's up?

CASHIER: His check was for $5.56, and he gave me a $20. Under "Amount Tendered", instead of typing $20, I accidentally typed $5.56, so the machine says I owe him $0.00 change.

MANAGER: That's no biggie. Just give him his change.

CASHIER: Yeah, but how much is that?

LADY IN LINE BEHIND ME: Oh my God!

[/ QUOTE ]

How anyone can be honestly surprised that a Friendly's cashier cannot perform basic subtraction is beyond me.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The manager has a right to manage the restaurant however he wants! Screw you guys for demanding the price you were told. Good for the manager for having the balls to stand up to a customer for once.

Should have called Burger King ahead of time to make sure they were actually going to sell you the meal at that price. It's your fault.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it.

OP - trainwreck that bitch cashier by going back tomorrow and finding out for sure that he's not a real manager.

Bad cashier at walmart -

* Go to wal-mart with my brother
* He buys 3 sticks of deodarant and 15 6-packs of Hershey's candy bars.
* Cashier somehow rings up 3 deodarants seperately, then 15 deoderants, then 1 6-pack of Hershey's....
* Brother points out that this is wrong after he has swiped cc but not signed.
* Cashier looks confused, manages to refund 15 deodarants, charge 2 deodarants??, and charge 14 candy bars. Gives small refund.
* I stupidly say I don't think that's right.
* 10 minutes of arguing with cashier, trying to explain. 5 min trying to explain to manager - at which point he says, "I think you did everything right. Just charge him for 2 more deodarants." WTF??! Finally resolved with help of nearby asian looking dude and abacus.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:08 AM

Why in the world is your brother buying 15 6-packs of Hershey's bars?

For starters Hershey's is like the worst chocolate on planet earth, and besides that that's like a chocolate overload!

Trainwrecking isn't really an option since I went pretty far out of the way to one of my friend's houses where the BK was located. (Like a 30+ minute drive)