Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 12:50 PM

Default List people who make your life worse, and those who make it better

Worse:

1- The Retard Old Lady that works for me. Only the fact that I work for the state and thus it's impossible to fire people keeps me from firing her. She's dense, which means I have to solve her problems for her. She's argumentative and passive agressive, and doesn't really respond to instruction. Her short term memory is mostly shot, which just makes teaching her anything new impossible. My job as a supervisor is so much easier on days she's not here, even if I have to do her work. The worst part is that given her situation, instead of letting her go, we just have to ask her to do less and less, so it isn't like she'll ever lose her job. As a thought on the overall theme of this post, there is no person with more ability to make you life such than a [censored] employee.

2- (tie) Billy Packer and Dick Vitale. I love watching basketball on TV. Love it. I cannot watch a game if either of these two clowns is working. This means that I end up either avoiding or just suffering through almost every meaningful game of the year. Chris Berman also merits mention here as well.

3- Old smelly man in gym. This isn't so much a specific person, but a type of person. The guy who gets up and hits the gym on Saturdy morning without showering, still smelling of last night's meal, [censored], and apparent frolicing in a pile of pig crap. He's also the guy that does 20 reps of some meaningless weight and just picks machines at random (wherein "random" is defined as "whatever you want to use next). This guy not only is making my life suck, he's not really helping out his either. Bonus points if he's wearing dress shoes.

Better:

1- My Bus Driver on the way home. He always stops exactly where I'm standing, drives smart, is nice and friendly, and he's even learned to use the mic for the bus's PA system properly.

2- My student assistant. Smart, does good work, is ok with horrible stuffing jobs. As much as a [censored] employee can [censored] up your day, a good one is a godsend. A good one who does the [censored] stuff you would otherwise be doing is even better.

3- Scott Van Pelt and Neil Everett. The current best sportscenter anchors. Reminds me of when Patrick and Olberman were actually funny. Always just a fun happy time when they're on.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:52 PM

Default Re: List people who make your life worse, and those who make it better

Lately it seems that everyone is making my life worse, or that they want something monetarily/favors from me.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:02 PM

Worse:
-People who drive exactly the speed limit (or slighty under)
-Retards who can't make change
-Diesel mechanics (lazy mofos...)
-Sales reps who don't call for an appointment
-Telemarketing douchebags

Better:
-My wife (three weeks a month)
-My office assistant (who has informed me she is pregnant and will be gone 4-6 weeks after the first of the year -- [censored]!!!)
-Courteous and efficient restaurant servers
Old 06-18-2007, 01:07 PM

Better:
My dog
About 4 of my closest friends.
My Mom and Dad equally; kudos to my Stepfather.

Worse:
Anyone breathing negativity.
Sometimes myself for making things harder for me or more challenging. (cause I'm lazy)
The IRS.
The people I love who die around me. (I know thats not fair, but stop dying)

fyc
Old 06-18-2007, 01:13 PM

Worse:

1. My wife's Aunt - As my wife's Grandmother slowly goes into that good night, her daughter (my wife's Aunt), not only doesn't help with anything, she makes things more difficult. She and my wife are now not speaking. Before you tell me to be more understanding with someone whose mother is dying, trust me when I tell you that she only worries about it costing her money. She's just awful.

2. My wife's brother - Also no help with the Nana situation, and nearly totally incapable of helping himself, let alone anyone else. Will someday be my problem when his life completely falls apart and he has nobody else to turn to.

3. The collected drivers of Los Angeles - Please stop existing.

Better

1. My daughter - Pure, unadulterated love. She was so sad when I had to go to work today. Every cliche applies.

2. My wife - Gave me my daughter. Puts up with me.

3. My employees - Put up with me and do crap with a smile.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:13 PM

Roundguy,

Picking people who dont speed as someone who annoy you is a pretty retarded choice.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:15 PM

This is a great thread, Dids.

Better:
1. 'Chair... this is a no brainer. He's hilarious and we have fun together constantly. Even when we're sitting around hungover and worthless, it's fun with him.
2. My mom - another obvious answer. She has turned into my best friend and is absolutely cool as [censored]. 'Chair says I'm her clone, not her daughter.
3. Guy who is training me in my new position at work - he works in Athens so I have to drive out there once a week, and he deals with my many phone calls and Sametime messages throughout the day. He's a hilarious good-ole-boy who is a lot sharper than he sounds and has made my daily work stress level ~0.

Worse:
1. Revolting Asperger's guy at work who is incredibly obsessed with his job. He will enter your cube randomly and stand THISCLOSE to you (keep in mind I'm about crotch level when seated). He will pontificate ad nauseum all the failures of the system and his ingenious strategies for fixing them. Then, he'll pop back in your cube, or corner you in the breakroom as you heat up your lunch, or on your way out the door at day's end, and righteously reiterate his sermon that he feels is ignored by management. He always has coffee/cigarette breath and complains loudly at the printer about his personal life. Today he touched my arm, I almost fell over backwards in my recoil.

2. Our apartment manager - she is like a [censored] Big Brother spy, I swear to god, she recently wrote us up for a "Lease violation" because 'Chair and AEKDBet were putting cigarette butts UNDER our doormat. There are hundreds of units in our complex, but she manages to check UNDER OUR MAT? Also when my lease ended on my first apartment (in the same complex) she made us pay a $600 fine for some super fine print detail in the contract that was incredibly ridiculous. She makes me feel homicidal.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:39 PM

Worse -- Anyone with attitude

Better -- Anyone without
Old 06-18-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3- Scott Van Pelt and Neil Everett.

[/ QUOTE ]

This made me think of Kenny Mayne. He is my all-time favorite ESPN employee. I think "Favorite Sportscenter Anchor" deserves its own thread. Anyway, he has such a quick, dry sense of humor and he is hilarious. Did anyone see the piece he did this weekend at Oakmont during the U.S. Open? Classic Kenny Mayne.

"How much do you hate golf?"

Fred Funk couldn't even keep a straight face.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chris Berman also merits mention here as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Berman entertains me when he's doing highlights in the studio (especially NFL Primetime), but I can't stand him as a game announcer. It doesn't matter if it's baseball or golf. He's not good at either.