Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2007, 10:09 PM

Default Re: Chris Benoit and Wife found dead

[ QUOTE ]
Chris Benoit's text messages have been released on the WWE website.

Text Message 1 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:53am)- Chris Benoit’s cell phone
“My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane, Fayetteville Georgia. 30215”

Text Message 2 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:53am)- Chris Benoit’s cell phone
“The dogs are in the enclosed pool area. Garage side door is open”

Text Message 3 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:54am)- Nancy Benoit’s cell phone
“My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane.
Fayetteville Georgia. 30215”

Text Message 4 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:55am)- Nancy Benoit’s cell phone
“My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane.
Fayetteville Georgia. 30215"

Text Message 5 to one co-worker (sent 6/24 at 3:58am)- Nancy Benoit’s cell phone
“My address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215”

[/ QUOTE ]

Weird how the message are so formal and done in complete sentences with perfect English.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:10 PM

Just saw on Sportsnet they are reporting that "steroids may play a part in the killings". I've seen this mentioned on some other TV news site as well.

This is tragic, a family is dead amongst them 7 yr old kid. This is getting bigger than the WWE and is really bad.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

He also said there were deeper issues with Benoit, whom he knew for 20 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Were any of these issues Hart discussed on any of these ultra-informative insider message boards?

[/ QUOTE ]
I was under the impression he meant deeper issues with the wrestling business in general, not specifically with Benoit.

While they've known each other a long time, Bret and Benoit only worked together for a year or two. I doubt Bret knew him as well as he thinks he did.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:43 PM

cocaine
Old 06-26-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Were any of these issues Hart discussed on any of these ultra-informative insider message boards?

[/ QUOTE ]
I was under the impression he meant deeper issues with the wrestling business in general, not specifically with Benoit.

While they've known each other a long time, Bret and Benoit only worked together for a year or two. I doubt Bret knew him as well as he thinks he did.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Insider" info on Benoit's mental health

These guys are fairly reliable, if a bit biased in wrestling's favor.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The reason I think Benoit did both is because of the way the bodies were found. Both of the bodies had Bibles set close to them. I highly doubt that Chris's wife and Chris did the same exact trademark after the murder. Doing something like that is more of a calling card that indicates that one person did it.

Apparently, there's no sign of forced entry and the only people that were at the house were Chris and his family.

Just about every sign points to Chris doing this. He's a murderer and no suicide can gain any sympathy from me.

[/ QUOTE ]

the strangulation followed by bible planting seems to indicate the following cause of murder:

- crazy
Old 06-26-2007, 11:03 PM

ESPN is reporting that Daniel had needle tracks in his arm from being repeatedly injected with HGH because the family thought he was undersized.

This "Insider" site believes that Chavo Guerrero received one of those text messages. No surprise since he was
benoit's best friend after Eddie Guerrero died.

Bizarre to say the least.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bret and Benoit came up in Stampede Wrestling in Calgary in the 80s. They were together for a long, long time.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SK,

I think that regardless of what the facts of the situation turn out to be, it's pretty classless for WWE to react to the reports at this time w/ that release trying to distance their organization from any allegations of steroid use.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bret Hart is/was on MSNBC and said he hopes this doesnt get pinned on steriod. He also said there were deeper issues with Benoit, whom he knew for 20 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why you continue to be a dick on this thread OTB. Ok, we get your point, we didn't know him as well as we thought we did, the "ultra-informative insider message boards" were wrong. Great.

First, I would dispute the general characterization of Benoit's personality by some of the fans in this thread. I haven't followed wrestling in a while but when I did I was really into it. Well respected is a much better description than well liked. By all accounts he kept to himself and didn't confide in many people. So yeah, everyone says the Chris Benoit they knew wouldn't do this, but I bet most of those same people would admit to not knowing him all that well.

The one athlete that I can think of that *KIND OF* reminds me of Benoit is Cal Ripken Jr. Relax Orioles fans (if you exist), don't jump down my throat just yet. I remember watching a Sports Century on Ripken and some story about how any time he'd see someone, he'd shake their hand firmly, look them right in the eye and say "how are you?" or something. And he took it VERY seriously, like if you didn't do the same thing, he'd get all pissed and feel disrespected. I remember watching that and thinking, "What a weirdo, lighten up dude, you play a fricking game for a living."

Benoit seemed like that, very respectful and polite but almost in a weird/taking it too far kind of way. I was watching the tribute last night and an announcer said that his son who would have been 6 or 7 at the time would always wear a suit and tie backstage and say "yes sir, no sir" etc. Kinda weirded me out.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bret and Benoit came up in Stampede Wrestling in Calgary in the 80s. They were together for a long, long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention once again, the fact that he trained with Stu in the Dungeon for a long time. He was pretty tight with the Harts from their history in the business.

I can't believe this all went down the way it did, but WWE did the right thing with little or no details last night, and they did the right thing tonight before ECW. Tributes are down and they're being honest with the situation. I said it before and I'll say it again, I won't (and obviously can't) defend what happened - if WWE had any reasonable doubts about whether Benoit did it or not, the tributes would still be there.

Let's get it right though - its not the roids. He pissed clean and this wasn't a "rage" murder. And its clearly not wrestling as a whole. Unless you're willing to say the NFL is the reason Rae Carruth killed his pregnant girlfriend. The guy was [censored] up for whatever reason, and its a damn shame that the three people died the way they did. Headcase or not, the guy was a great performer, and the business is much worse off after this tragedy.