Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Why are Las Vegas cabbies so weird about tips?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fare was like $10.20 at the most ... I hand the guy $12. He's like "c'mon man you only gave me $11" I say "no way I gave you 12" I grab the money and re-count since he's still holding it up by his head. I count it up and its 12 (2x5 + 2x1) .. take back a dollar bill. "now its 11" and leave.

[/ QUOTE ]
A+

[/ QUOTE ]
No. It sounds to me like the cabbie miscounted. Was a douche thing to do if the cabbie made an honest mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

90% probability this was an angleshoot.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
vegas tipping is retarded

I tip $1-$2 total on cab rides...NEVER more

I tip 10% on meals...15% on really good food/service

I tip $1 per pot I win in poker...NO MORE...not even if it's $5K.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow you sound like a lot of fun. Let's party. "NEVER more" lol.

Seriously, your post is a joke/self-parody, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure he's serious
Old 06-25-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard once that Tupac Shakur carried ONLY hundred-dollar bills wherever he went and never wanted change. Meaning he paid $100 for $10 of groceries if that was the case. Can anyone confirm or deny?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tupac will clarify this on his next CD.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fare was like $10.20 at the most ... I hand the guy $12. He's like "c'mon man you only gave me $11" I say "no way I gave you 12" I grab the money and re-count since he's still holding it up by his head. I count it up and its 12 (2x5 + 2x1) .. take back a dollar bill. "now its 11" and leave.

[/ QUOTE ]
A+

[/ QUOTE ]
No. It sounds to me like the cabbie miscounted. Was a douche thing to do if the cabbie made an honest mistake.

15% for cabs & restaurants. $1 for buffet server.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] that. Cabbie shouldn't have been a dick over $11 any more than $12. Should've given him $10 and a quarter after that.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard once that Tupac Shakur carried ONLY hundred-dollar bills wherever he went and never wanted change. Meaning he paid $100 for $10 of groceries if that was the case. Can anyone confirm or deny?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're thinking of durrrr. He's basically the 2nd coming of 2pac anyway.

Yugoslav
Old 06-25-2007, 07:09 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

For whatever reason the taxi line dude bugs me. He's always standing there with bills in his hand, just to make sure people know he takes/wants tips, then he does something for me (open the door and tell the driver where I'm going) that I'd prefer to do myself.

Tipping extra because you like doing it or because making someone feel great for a few extra dollars is obviously just fine. The thing that sucks is when people tip because they feel like they have to or are afraid they will be looked down on. I guess that's the part of the tipping culture that annoys me.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:15 PM

goof,

cab door dude: "Where are you headed?"
me: "Hard Rock"
cab door dude: "Hard Rock"
<close door>
cabbie: "Where to?"
me: "Hard Rock"
Old 06-25-2007, 07:24 PM

El D,

Has there been a full fledged scrippa tipping thread? I think that this is the most non-standard area of tipping. I have to admit that I'm quite inconsistent in regards to it as well.

I have no problem not tipping if the dance is crap. Although they also don't get to give me any more dances which is surely worse. I try to tip 5 on each dance if I even think of it...one of my biggest issues in a scrippa club is I go into a trance-like state (ask anyone whose seen me in one) where math is not my strong suit.

But by far the most interesting scenarios are when you get value added services from the scrippaz - extra lap dances, generally sitting on your dong for long periods of time with no dances, giving you a back rub, making out with you for hours on end, talking to you for long periods of time about whatever b/c their job and lives suck, oh and not to mention stuff like HJs or getting you off or whatever...

I have to admit I'm a pretty erratic tipper mainly due to having no preset gameplan.

Oh, also, I've found that not all scrippaz demand/expect a tip. Although the first few times I went to clubs a couple years ago they were much pushier with me than they are now...I have a feeling the way I act has something to do with how much money they think they can purely hustle.

Yugoslav
Old 06-25-2007, 07:25 PM

I once tipped a taxi driver $100. I'm not really proud of the story but I will tell it anyways.

Me and a drinking buddy get trashed and strike out at the bar we were at. My buddy insists we get the taxi to cruise hookers. I wanted to go straight home as I had to get up early for church and all but hey I didn't want to ruin my friend's night so I let it go.

Anyways we be cruising hookers and it is super late and we can't find much. But what we do find is gruesome well that is what the taxi said as I guess the drink had lowered our standards. My buddies standards! Yah I was just looking for someone to accompany me to church and all the ones I picked were more than suitable. Anyways this cab dude had our backs. We say stop he would just keep going and tell us why. You like half boys? She stab you for crack money! Look at the size of the scab on her face!!

At some point he has had enough and insists on taking us straight home. Just as I had wanted in the beginning! Taxi drivers are saints among men I should have given him more.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i don't think anything i have ever done has ever been described as "delicate/classy" before. i almost approached you at the bellagio and asked if you had any pot, as we ran out and you had a jacket with marijuana leaves on it. that would have been very classy.

[/ QUOTE ]

that would have been a reasonable request in my world. if you're holdin', don't hold out.