Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 02:38 PM

Default Re: List people who make your life worse, and those who make it better

[ QUOTE ]
Roundguy,

Picking people who dont speed as someone who annoy you is a pretty retarded choice.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dislike speeders almost as much. Everyone should drive between 2-5 mph over the limit -- and join the rest of the world.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Roundguy,

Picking people who dont speed as someone who annoy you is a pretty retarded choice.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dislike speeders almost as much. Everyone should drive between 2-5 mph over the limit -- and join the rest of the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

2-5?

move over grandma.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:23 PM

Worse: People who speed up when they see I'm trying to fit into traffic to get on or off the freeway ramp. Some of these will literally try to make you run into a divider if they can. Nice people!

Better: People who don't vent psychoses and general abstract hatred when the stakes are high and they have little chance of being called on it. They used to be called human beings, but by now they can practically go by the title of "mensch." If you get my drift.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Worse: People who speed up when they see I'm trying to fit into traffic to get on or off the freeway ramp. Some of these will literally try to make you run into a divider if they can. Nice people!

[/ QUOTE ]
Or refuse to move over when the lane next to them is empty. But it's ok, they about two minutes away from getting a little somethin' somethin' in return. I swear, sometimes I'm a road rage accident waiting to happen...

[ QUOTE ]
Better: People who don't vent psychoses and general abstract hatred when the stakes are high and they have little chance of being called on it. They used to be called human beings, but by now they can practically go by the title of "mensch." If you get my drift.

[/ QUOTE ]
Example, please.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Or refuse to move over when the lane next to them is empty. But it's ok, they about two minutes away from getting a little somethin' somethin' in return. I swear, sometimes I'm a road rage accident waiting to happen...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Example, please.

[/ QUOTE ]

People who don't turn an onramp and an offramp, where they're trying to get on and you're trying to get off, into a high-speed game of chicken by paying no attention to fitting into any clear space, just to making sure they don't have any part of yielding in a clear situation where yielding is the law, is appropriate, and is less suicidal and homicidal than the alternative.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:51 PM

Worse:

1. People who fail to see that talking about driving/traffic is akin to slowly inserting needles into your eyeballs over and over. These conversations are always the same: You are great, everyone else sucks. Guess what, the guy behind you thinks the same thing.

2. People who complain about missing middle of the day, non-work 'appointments'. Actual quote from last week "I am so pissed I missed yoga for a stupid meeting". Last I checked, honey, you are paid to WORK not sit crosslegged at the gym. And no, nobody thinks your walk to the gym, do yoga, shower, pick up lunch on the way back to the office trip is on your lunch "hour". Yoga itself is an hour. Unless you are teleporting there we have a failure of perception.

3. People who sit alone on the aisle seat on the bus. This is a 2-3 person cohort each day on my morning ride. Note: this is the BUS, not your private f'ing limo service. If you cannot bring yourself to be in close contact with fellow humans then maybe you should stay off PUBLIC transportation. Get over your self, sit by the window and get your ticket for the freak magnet lottery like everyone else.

Better:

1. The friends I work with. These were life friends who became work friends because they are all cool, smart people who knew we could rock the workplace together. Getting to do that, plus have fun lunches and happy hour on a regular basis makes work less work-like.

2. The wife. Cool in so many ways, and one of the few women in their mid-late thirties who vehemently does not want children. That means we can look forward to a lifetime of travelling and chilling together instead of working forever to pay for the life that children deserve. Amen.

KJS
Old 06-18-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Last I checked, honey, you are paid to WORK not sit crosslegged at the gym. And no, nobody thinks your walk to the gym, do yoga, shower, pick up lunch on the way back to the office trip is on your lunch "hour". Yoga itself is an hour. Unless you are teleporting there we have a failure of perception.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flex hours FTW. I pity people that have to sit at their desk from 9 to 12 and 1 to 5. Lame.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

3. People who sit alone on the aisle seat on the bus. This is a 2-3 person cohort each day on my morning ride. Note: this is the BUS, not your private f'ing limo service. If you cannot bring yourself to be in close contact with fellow humans then maybe you should stay off PUBLIC transportation. Get over your self, sit by the window and get your ticket for the freak magnet lottery like everyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

why don't you just sit next to these people?
Old 06-18-2007, 04:05 PM

Better : Me

Worse : Me

It is a real battle!
Old 06-18-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Worse:

[/ QUOTE ]
"Accidently" kneeing these people in the charley-horse area, as you climb over them to an inside seat, usually gets them to move over the next day.