Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2007, 03:23 AM

Default Re: A question for OOT regarding longtime posters

I would mention suzzer as being awesome but he reverted to his old-school avatar which makes me want to claw my eyeballs out.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:30 AM

istewart
Old 06-15-2007, 03:58 AM

mbillie,

Thanks for the recommendation.

Truth be told, everything I have to say mainly belongs in Sporting Events or my forum, Health and Fitness (shameless plug!). I venture into Sports Betting as well. For stupid humor, I love BBV/BBV4L, but OOT remains my most-read forum, even if I don't post here much.

I'll try to think of things to post, but I really don't have a lot of subject material worth discussing. I think that is what makes the good posters truly good - they don't post a ton of [censored] while the crappy posters fill the forum with a ton of garbage. There's a reason why your favorite posters seem to contribute less - when the forum has a bunch of idiots in it and the topics are terrible, it's tough to turn in a day's work. NT! does a great job moderating this place, and so did [censored] before him.

Like I said before, I'd love to contribute, but most of my stuff belongs in the various sports forums, as NT! can probably attest to.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:05 AM

probably not the best spot for it but is jeremy/censored ok? I havent heard from him lately and am curious if he is doing alright. pm is fine.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:12 AM

he owes me $300 but no one really knows where he is and such.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
probably not the best spot for it but is jeremy/censored ok? I havent heard from him lately and am curious if he is doing alright. pm is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

folks have been trying to get in touch without much luck, i'd like to know the status of this too (just out of care...and to tie it in to this thread, b/c jeremy is also a really good OOT poster whether he's modding or not).

i agree with kyle that sometimes it's hard to come up with ideas for starting good threads. that's something that i have never been very good at, even before i became a mod and stopped being a good poster. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] i think that's one of the traits that is most desirable in an OOT poster.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
that's something that i have never been very good at, even before i became a mod and stopped being a good poster. i think that's one of the traits that is most desirable in an OOT poster.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most of the better threads in OOT aren't started with the intention of them becoming awesome threads. e.g., train wrecks, cool trip reports, ask ?? about ??, etc.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i agree with kyle that sometimes it's hard to come up with ideas for starting good threads. that's something that i have never been very good at, even before i became a mod and stopped being a good poster. i think that's one of the traits that is most desirable in an OOT poster.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I think most of the better threads in OOT aren't started with the intention of them becoming awesome threads. e.g., train wrecks, cool trip reports, ask ?? about ??, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

How a thread is presented can be important but creating good ones isn't necessarily a talent. Sure, you might have an occasional classic with something like Kurosh killing some bugs or [censored]'s cartoons.

Generally speaking, though, you either have something interesting to talk about or you don't. Even if one manufactures the greatest thread ever, it is ultimately phony. And anyone can come up with another "What's your favorite this-n-that" list post. However, if something is going to be sincere and original, circumspect posters won't be inititating many discussions .

Seeing old-time posters move on is simply the natural order of things. It has all been done to death. The healthier among us realize this and eventually seek out other forms of entertainment, often in the form of their careers and families. After a while one must ask one's self how much of their online interaction is done out of compulsion and boredom.

That being said... a few old-school OOTiots I wish were still around (more frequently, anyway) would include TSC, cnfuzzd and Astro.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:23 AM

TSC was a good [censored]. I like astroglide, too.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:59 AM

If you have something to give oot is happy to take it and will love you for a moment. If you stop giving oot either forgets you or asks for more. This is the same in the real world. Nothing wrong with oot or the real world for that matter. It is just hard to stick around when you are empty tho. At least in the real world you can go to the strippers. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Now I'm thinking of chicks. gorie, octopi, peachy, and katy should oot more they were cool.