Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 12:08 PM

Default Re: NEWS: Cardrunners are money grubbering PUNKS

[ QUOTE ]
Had some major problems signing up and lost some money when the new site went live, but now after contacting CR admin my situation is almost 100% rectified. I think that posts like the OP's just reflect on how he's a complete moron, not that CR is somehow trying to steal from people. All new sites have teething problems, seriously get the [censored] over it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-02-2007, 12:15 PM

The blogs should be accessible for anyone... click the blogs tab at the top and you should be able to view the blogs, member or non member. Only members or registered guests (free accts) can comment on blogs.

I think most of the problems are resolved but I guess there are still a few people having problems. Considering the state of the site 4-5 days ago, I'm happy with where we are.

There are two things to note: We are going to fix all of your problems; we obviously want you guys to have access to the site. The other is that the site is a work in progress. We are making improvements everywhere and are taking member advice on everything. For example, we're adding PLO/other games and many other sites to the converter, the HH replayer is in development, autologin is now fixed, forums will be better organized, blogs will be easier to navigate, etc. These are just off the top of my head.

I'm sorry for the problems/grubbering issues.

tc
Old 10-02-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The new site is pretty annoying so far...I used to love going to Cardrunners on my blackberry when I was in a cab or something and checking out the new blogs, it was ridiculously easy to navigate on the old site...now I cant do it. They screwed up I think in this spot, free very easily accessible blogs (signing in no longer makes them "easy" as far as the internet is involved) gave the site a ton of extra traffic

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I really hate having to sign up for every site I view now.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no but seriously, its lame how you now need to pay in order to even read the blogs. this is what it says to me when i try and read any of them.

You are not authorized to view this page!

Yay cardrunners!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have to pay to view the blogs or use the hand converter. You just have to sign up for a free account.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:21 PM

Cardrunners worked behind the scenes to make Home Alone one of the twenty highest grossing movies of all time. And they cost the Cubs the 2003 NL Pennant.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, for a website that is grossing well over a million a year they shouldnt have had any problems at all.

Not hating, just stating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, if only that were true. MySpace never works and that site rakes in billions...
Old 10-02-2007, 02:53 PM

Guys,
The blogs are viewable to anyone. The problem is some of the blog URL's (for example: cr.com/briantownsend) was pointing to his CR member profile, and not his blog. The member profile requires you to login to view.

I have just confirmed with the developers that this is being fixed right now, and should be done relatively soon.

All of the blog URL's will point to the blogs themselves, and anyone can view any blog without a membership. Sorry for the problem here.

Also, the blog network will be reorganized so that it is easy to navigate.

Thanks,
tc
Old 10-02-2007, 03:11 PM

On second thought just make it easier to navigate by deleting 90% of the useless and uninteresting blogs. There has been over a hundred new blogs started in the last week. yikes.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On second thought just make it easier to navigate by deleting 90% of the useless and uninteresting blogs. There has been over a hundred new blogs started in the last week. yikes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah,CR should at least seperate the normal Blogs from the Pro Blogs.

@OP
You're a P*ssy.
You are a Member but you swearing at the Site because you cant Log in for a couple of Days because of some Bugs?
LOL?
Old 10-02-2007, 03:31 PM

Under the blog search, there's a link for "Featured Blogs". They only have Taylor Caby's, Brian Townsend's, Schneids', and cts' there though. You can also click "Most Popular", and that'll give you most of the pros'.