Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 06:13 PM

Default Folding bottom set without testing if it\'s good on FT of MTT

This is the FT of a $5.5 rebuy tournament. Top 6 is paid, with 6 getting $50 so pretty good payouts and I care about making the money. Villain is chip leader and is a pretty good player, and he is bossing people around.

My idea for folding here is partly about being pretty close to the money. The main idea is with two clubs out there I have no way of knowing what a good turn is. If it comes a club I hate my hand, and really with a K or a 9 I don't know if I am good either. So the only possible way to play it is to repot it and move all-in on the turn no matter what. Being close to the money I decided not to.

What do you think? I realize I put myself in this predicament by not leading out. What is a reasonable line to take if I lead out with a PSB?

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Rebuy $5+.5
Blinds: $300/$600
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $50082
UTG+1: $29916
MP1: $8064
MP2: $22534
MP3: $60978
CO: $36540
Button: $5425
SB: $21861
roggles: $24100

Pre-flop: (9 players) roggles is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
4 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, roggles checks.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($2400, 4 players)
SB checks, roggles checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 bets $2400</font>, 2 folds, roggles folds.
Uncalled bets: $2400 returned to MP3.

Results:
Final pot: $2400
Old 10-11-2007, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Folding bottom set without testing if it\'s good on FT of MTT

Wow... You're hand is waaaay underrepped here. Imo, this is terrible. Since he's the CL, and dominates the table, he can bet here with sooo many hands. I think you know the answer to this anyway. As played, I repot, and get it in on most turncards. I have played a lot of tournaments, and I can say that you shouldn't worry about making the money. If you do, youre probably playing over your head/roll. Top 2 pays soo much more, and if you are trying to make money on these, you should go for the top spots...

Also, there are still 3 players to bust before the money, and your'e nbot guaranteed to make it even if you fold this.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:41 PM

ok, i dont mind leading out and folding to a repot at a full table, but as played........
Old 10-11-2007, 07:02 PM

I need emergency help. It's 3-way and they have about $120k chips and I only have $20k, blinds 1200/2400. How do I play?

nevermind: I got all-in with KKxx, he had some junk but won. It's the price to pay for nitting it up way too much I guess. I suck at tournaments