Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 07:10 PM

Default Vegas Trip Report 8/9-8/12

3 days and 2 nights in Vegas: Pretty perfect.

Thursday August 9th: Direct flights are always nice on Southwest. My drink coupons came in handy as there's nothing worse than flying without a couple free drinks. Jack Daniels, splash of Sprite...delicious. Anyways, arrive at 3:30pm...(this is my anti-plug for the shuttle service to the strip.) The Venetian was the 4th stop on the trip to the strip. 6 bucks. Apparently I could have taken a cab for $15. Took an hour after I got my bags. Oh well...live and you learn. No tip from me. Arrive at the Venetian where me and 3 friends are set up for free. My buddy, who appeared on MTV's The Real World, several seasons ago, was judging a Bud Select / lingerie contest at TAO. Before the night was kicked off we crashed the pool for a couple hours sipping on some 12 dollar drinks. Screw it. Watched a lady pay $8.50 for a bottled water. Screw that. I decide to splash around in some 1-2NL prior to hitting TAO. I am frustrated to see that my new debit card is only letting me withdraw $300. Whatever. I buy in for the max and push around, play a little bully and leave doubled up before TAO. The lingerie show was quite nice. Some fuglies, but mostly decent, sexable women. We got bombed and my degen self wandered down to the 2-5NL $1K max buy in at 2am. Don't remember too awfully much, but some how won another 1K. So up $1300 after the first night. When I got back to the room at 7am, I found all my friends still up...laughing over pics of random women participating in sexual acts in our suite. One was disgusting. Oh well. (I'm still trying to decide if I'd rather have been there, than make that $1K). Tough call. We stayed up til check out, and headed over to our second free hotel room at PH.
Friday Aug 10th: On no sleep, we hit the pool, pounded some cocktails to rejuvenate us from the lack of energy. The pool kinda sucks...no waitresses. But it was good times. About 4pm, drunk as hell, played some 1-2NL and was playing retarded-ish. Betting dark...not looking at my cards raising pre-flop, etc, etc...It was apparent that some of these players were push-overs. Made $200 hundred and headed up to the room. We decided to hit Palms for the night. We hit some cheap dinner at Twenty Four Seven, which was disgusting. My burger was ok, but my friends Chinese was God-awful. We call some promoters to see about getting us in the Playboy Club and he agrees to the tune of $400 bucks. F-that. He let us skip line, etc and get all access to Rain. Rain kinda sucked...too Cancun-ish. We picked up some women and then once again, my degen self headed to the Bellagio to play til 7am again. Got up a nice amount, but ended only winning 100 or so. Anyway...when I went back to the PH, I slept for the first time all trip....for four hours...woke up half dead..ordered some eggs benedict room service, which was portioned quite nicely. Then went down to play some 1-2NL to wrap up the trip. Pounded more beers built up to $300 when it came down to the last hand of the trip. Me heads up after a raise call against an old lady who deals there. I have wired 3s. Flop is 3-10-4 with two hearts. I check, she bets pot of 24, I raise all in(drunk overbet, talking about my last hand..obviously want this to look like a draw) she calls with wired 10s. I get up, say oh well...its been a great trip. End up making about 1K after money spent on fun and cannot wait for my 4 night trip over labor day. We are booked all nights at the Palm. This time, we better get in Playboy Club.

I just realized how long, grammatically incorrect, and poorly this trip report reads...screw it, I'm still recovering...
Old 08-13-2007, 07:32 PM

Default Re: Vegas Trip Report 8/9-8/12

paragraphs ftw
Old 08-14-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have wired 3s.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] Vince Van Patten
Old 08-14-2007, 06:46 PM

Who's your buddy from the Real World?
Old 08-15-2007, 12:50 PM

Sounds like one damn good run of cards.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:31 PM

meh C+....woulda been a solid B but OP failed us on this part.

[ QUOTE ]

We picked up some women and then once again, my degen self headed to the Bellagio to play til 7am again.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you can't give us hookers, we prob don't care