Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Can someone explain?

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the enlightenment. YOU would have played the hand how?

[/ QUOTE ]

This attitude will get you far here, best of luck

-ZEN
Old 11-05-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So my play is suspect to you; but really NO comment about the other guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it really help you to hear that Villain played this hand badly? Then better go to the BBV forum ...

Honestly, I think your play is much worse than that of Villain. As other posters already explained, a thinking Villain (which he maybe actually wasn´t - but however) takes your ridiculous raise as a sign of weakness, telegraphing a hand like 22-77. Then he calls you with any two, planning to shove every flop a hand like 66 doesn´t like (which is nearly everyone!). This is a hyperaggressive but not by all means bad play. Your play actually IS bad by all means.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have these situations that happen to me constantly to take me out of tournaments. For the life of me I do not know how to deal with players who will call any PF raise with any two cards and then PUSH on a flop they are only 38%.

It happens to me so often I am getting paranoid that either I don't play these situations right or the whole damn thing really is rigged.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (9 handed) TightPoker converter

UTG+1 (t1850)
MP1 (t3745)
MP2 (t4380)
Hero (t4110)
CO (t8416)
Button (t5075)
SB (t5611)
BB (t3248)
UTG (t4075)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls t50, MP2 calls t50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t650</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls t625, BB calls t600, MP1 folds, MP2 calls t600.

Flop: (t2650) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t4961 (All-In)</font>, BB folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls t3460 (All-In).

Turn: (t11071) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: (t11071) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t11071

Results hidden below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has 4c 3c (straight, seven high).
Hero has Ks Ah (high card, ace).
Outcome: SB wins t11071. </font>

Hope some of the more experienced here will respond; and don't just tell me about bad beats. I am consistantly being bad beat by bad players.

[/ QUOTE ]

you raised it what preflop?????? Why? For the love of god why???? And then you called the all in for how much???????? Who cares what he had...you played it badly and would have lost to a huge range of hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Then seeing what I have explained about this player, at what point do YOU not allow yourself to be pushed off a hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
Pushed off what hand? Ace high?
Old 11-05-2007, 05:52 PM

Fair enough guys. Now how would you play this opponent and this hand HU?
Old 11-05-2007, 06:02 PM

I tried "learning" how to play poker by playing $50s and $25s with BRs no higher than 1K. And I wasted two years of my poker career making every terrible mistake under the sun. Like this one.

Barry
Old 11-05-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm thinking the consensus is a std 3xBB raise PF,
and fold to aggression.

wait for a monster and trap him.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm thinking the consensus is a std 3xBB raise PF,
and fold to aggression.

wait for a monster and trap him.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. But 250-300 PF makes the hand play a lot differently.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:16 PM

I bet everyone here understands and empathizes with your thinking. I know I do. You just can't let your frustration with somebody else's bad play dictate your play. This happens most often as you sit still, getting no cards, and watch some guy accumulate chips with nothing. You say to yourself either "I'm just going to see a flop" or "I'm going after this guy with the first decent hand I get". A lot of poker is patience. What this guy offered you was a chance to crush him in the right situation. It was your job to find that good opportunity.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:20 PM

Flop: (t2650) 6, T, 2 (4 players)
SB bets t4961 (All-In), BB folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls t3460 (All-In).

am I missing something? call? is there a read that was involved in making this call?

Also 650 PF?

EDIT: i didn't read the second or 3rd pages... i see these questions already asked. Never mind.

make it 250 PF. Proceed from there.

Just an FYI... this isn't even a bad beat. He does have 10 outs.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet everyone here understands and empathizes with your thinking. I know I do. You just can't let your frustration with somebody else's bad play dictate your play. This happens most often as you sit still, getting no cards, and watch some guy accumulate chips with nothing. You say to yourself either "I'm just going to see a flop" or "I'm going after this guy with the first decent hand I get". A lot of poker is patience. What this guy offered you was a chance to crush him in the right situation. It was your job to find that good opportunity.

[/ QUOTE ]

a very good trick I use early in tournies is to go look at the stats (www.officialpokerrankings.com) of obvious bad players who are getting lucky..you will see that while the bad play seems to get rewarded in the short term they are actually losing large amounts of $$$$ over any decent sample...patience and saving the moves for when the blinds and antes punish idiots are the ways to win these crapshoots