Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 05:20 PM

Default Re: pretty gross AA decision vs tough lag

[ QUOTE ]
just because you dont get it in vs dominated pairs doesnt mean its bad...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you acknowledge that you're rarely ever getting it in vs a dominated pair here then WTF can be the justification behind 3-betting the flop? If villain is never continuing with a smaller pair, then all 3-betting achieves is to fold out all worse hands and weak draws, prevent him from ever bluffing any further or face having to a call a 200bb push in pretty bad shape vs almost everything he's likely to have given we hold the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

And TWP, I wouldn't say I was "offended" by you calling my opinion retarded, it's just that when you are CONSTANTLY so far off base with your strategy posts, CONSTANTLY show a really weak understanding of the game and yet STILL use that annoying, condescending tone it's understandable that people are going to find it rather tilting. I'm aware that you might just be levelling a lot of the time, but honestly, I think a lot of people who read this forum regularly just ignore most of your posts by now because it's like arguing with a brick wall.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:24 PM

I agree with duck on this 100%. I don't think calling the flop and playing poker on the turn is bad, but given the description of villain, and more importantly, the history between the two of you, this the perfect spot to 3 bet/call the flop IMO. I also don't think it matters much if he's 2p2 or not, since 2p2ers are probably even more likely to think a flop 3 bet on that particular board is FOS.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:49 PM

uh you have significant equity vs lots of draws that i dont expect him to fold on the flop. i can fully see him shoving gutters/oesds/overs etc etc.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:49 PM

this argument is pretty boring though.