Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 12:48 AM

Default I hate getting minraised NL5

How in the world do you deal with the guys who always minraise your C-bets on scary boards? I'm playing pretty TAG and so far I have had to lay down a few hands due to facing aggression, so my image may be a little weak-tight. Anyway, I would say that the players are reacting to me by playing pretty loose preflop, not because they don't notice that I'm tight, but they are sure that they would at least get a C-bet out if they flop big, possibly more because I"m sure they notice that I make "big" pot-sized bets.

Anyway, how could I have played these? Both hands are against the same person.

This hand happened before the next one.

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 4 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $8.25
UTG: $0.70
BTN: $18.68
Hero (SB): $5.80

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.20</font>, BB calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.40) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks

Turn: ($0.40) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.30</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $0.60</font>, Hero folds

Results: $1 Pot ($0.05 Rake)
BB mucked and WON $0.95 (+$0.45 NET)urn

And then.

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

MP: $2.53
CO: $10.07
BTN: $7.25
SB: $16.95
BB: $10
Hero (UTG): $6.28

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.20</font>, MP folds, CO calls $0.20, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.47) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.35</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.70</font>, Hero ?

I don't really know where to start. But I think that the correct play is to not C-bet on boards that are unlikely to hit my range when it seems obvious that the opponent has a clue that I C-bet close to 100% pots. And on the other hand, I would need to find spots that I could double barrel. They do not always have a monster hand do they? Should I play hand kind of trickily to let em know that a check on the flop means (Edit: means I'm not weak) I'm weak?

Also, could it just be negative variance or something?
Old 11-06-2007, 01:09 AM

Default Re: I hate getting minraised NL5

hand #1 i 90% make a c-bet agisnt 1 opp. espicall on a dry flop like that .u should come right out betting.since u didn't,on the turn with nothing but qts either 3 bet big if u think he is trying 2 run u off the hand or fold.hand #2 if i believe they mini raise me b/c they know i always make c-bets i do 1 or 2 things icheck the flop with the intention of cr or ibet the flop with the intention of 3 betting big 2 miniraise.i play at that level and the mini raise in many cases indicates a weak hand gl.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:14 AM

Default Re: I hate getting minraised NL5

I hate these kinds of spots also, but usually I'll just let them have it until I'm pretty sure they're picking on the c-bets. It happens, but I would pay special attention to this guy, let him have it for now, and adjust.

In hand 1, after checking the flop, I wouldn't have bet that turn. Betting Q high won't be for value and I doubt many would buy a bluff in that spot. You'll get called by ace high a lot.

Also: buy in full. You can buy in for $10 at NL5. You'd want to get that guy's whole stack if you hit a monster.