Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 05:55 PM

Default Re: call this bluff?

i call unless he is bluffing with a J, i guess he isnt so out TT beats a bluff so call, right?
Old 08-01-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
having a hella hard time putting him on a hand besides a set/weird backdoorish hand/air...

that said, I dont mind the fold at all...

[/ QUOTE ]

i figured a set or 58 or air hence me really wanting to call.

oh yeah he insta pushed the river, like 2 seconds. and his preflop aggro nature made him seem impulsive. and i was probably annoying him. but this is me trying to find reasons to call
Old 08-01-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't mind the turn bet, but I fold to the turn raise. As played I fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
#
Old 08-01-2007, 06:00 PM

on a serious tone, calling the turn is lighting money on fire
fold >>>>>> shove > call
also checking the turn is pretty solid, betting for value is way thin and betting in fear of overcards (????) sounds retarted, he doesn't have any overcards unless he is paired already in which case you are already beat or he is drawing to meashly 5 outs. I don't even understand what "plenty of draws and overcards" means in this spot.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:01 PM

the guy is a loose nutjob, of course he can have overcards here or a draw, then comes two pair sets, in order of likelihood i think

my comment was that i have no idea where i stand on pretty much any river card if i dont bet the turn, and he can definitely call with worse than a J i think
Old 08-01-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
#

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2007, 06:08 PM

I'm not sure if I like calling the turn if you plan on folding the river. By calling another $21 on the turn what was the plan for the river because you know he's going to come out firing again? I prefer to check behind on the turn and reevaluate the river - in this case I'd likely call a reasonable river bet.

Maybe I'm wrong about this but the only time I'm calling that turn raise is if I think my tens are good and I plan on calling his river bet as well or if my hand has a good chance of improving. It's not likely that your tens are going to get any better so I'm only doing this in hope of having him continue his bluff - assuming I think my tens are good of course.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:09 PM

i would have called river if he didnt push, probably would have called anyway but im playing on a short roll as usual

i think he can certainly semibluff on the turn and still cf the river if he whiffs.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:12 PM

bet turn is not optimal versus this kind of player imo unless ur willing to make this call on the river and throw it into the metagame.

way more +EV to check and snapcall any river. calling the turn and then deciding not to go with it on the river is why ur turn bet is lol. its like complete misguided aggression.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would have called river if he didnt push, probably would have called anyway but im playing on a short roll as usual

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. I'm sure it was a tough fold against this guy. That's why I like the check on the turn. With the check you now go into the river with a $17 pot instead of an $80+ pot. You can now call his $10 - $15 river bet with a hand that probably wins.