Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2007, 04:02 PM

Default Re: persistence in pickups

[ QUOTE ]
she knew I saw her.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what, act like you didn't see her, or don't remember it, or whatever. There's no rule that you have to give her a straight answer. Write something cocky and flirty and see if she responds. If not, move on to the next girl.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:06 PM

oops, forgot girl2 pic sorry!

no trainwrecks please

Old 04-03-2007, 04:09 PM

DrewDevil's last couple of response have been dead on. You can take out the "I didn't see you" and just respond back with "Way to say hi to me haha" right back like it's not your job to say hi to her.

I actually like a variation of Drew's response. Something like his last sentence of "Why didn't you come say hi to me and try to get me drunk so you could take advantage of me?"

Ray
Old 04-03-2007, 04:11 PM

meh, it seems like such a standard chump line. i'll think about it.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Weird, to me a chump line would be "Oh sorry, I didn't think you wanted to be disturbed."

If you don't like Drew's and want to go for the neg hit, a different tact could always be "Sorry, I was off having too much fun." That indicates that you were having a great time without her, that you're the fun guy to be with, and a slight neg indicating that she is not as fun to hang around with.

Ray
Old 04-03-2007, 04:24 PM

fwiw, here's an interesting source (quoted in entirety)
[ QUOTE ]
Ross Jeffries: "You see, after years of experience and study, I've come to the conclusion that a woman can only experience real passion for if on some level she believes she could do something to lose you! Understand that when you show this willingness to walk away, in any area of your life, it conveys the message that you are the prize to be pursued, that you are the person of value, and they had better take advantage of the opportunity. This is an attitude that will move you forward in any area that's challenging you. By way of contrast, if you show a non-stop, forever and ever devotion to her, and put up with her crap and ambivalence, then where is that tension of knowing she could lose you? Answer: nowhere! And that's why you get nowhere when you put up with this kind of stuff! If you've seen an initially hot relationship grow ice-cold, this is one big reason!!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

a better source which is what i was keeping in mind while i drafted the email - http://fastseduction.com/guide/06_Tr...ecancel.shtml. though now that i have found and reread, its for more extreme circumstances.

[ QUOTE ]
to me a chump line would be "Oh sorry, I didn't think you wanted to be disturbed."

[/ QUOTE ]
That isn't chump - its pathetic
Old 04-03-2007, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the chump line is getting pissed because she hasn't responded to you the way you wanted. she doesn't owe you anything... right now, you're just another schmuck trying to get in her pants.

the key is to act like you're interested in her but not invested one way or another. you'd like to bang her, sure, but if not, oh well, you're banging other, hotter chicks anyway.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:35 PM

I'm not normally in these threads because it seems like alpha male boring arguments, but don't assume I am clueless. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I was reading pickupguide.com way before it merged with everyone else and when Maniac High was the guy posting reports. When The Game came out I read it with high amusement factor, and laughed with my wife multiple times about how I knew who they were talking about, or how I was "there" (in the discussions, I never met them in person) when different things in the book happened.

My friend has hung with Ross a couple times now, and he is a huge believer in Ross's strategies. Ross is so big into anchoring and repetitive movements, and seems like it's too much work with too little fun. Maniac High and Mystery's more simplistic "cocky funny" to me is a much more fun way to go about things. Not that Ross doesn't use similar tactics, but his is much more psychological/scientific, whereas Mystery is much more "be the most fun/entertaining guy there," which tends to get you better results in that it has a scattershot approach that Ross's system can sometimes lack. (i.e. You can easily strike out with one girl, but entertain two other's using Mystery's approach, while Ross's system is somewhat targeted.)

Ray
Old 04-03-2007, 05:40 PM

I agree with the others not to sound snotty or get too detailed. You don't owe any explanations or apologies. What are you supposed to do, sit home alone staring at the phone while she's out with her friends? C'mon now. You went out and had fun, because that's what you do. Maybe sometimes she's part of it, maybe sometimes she's not. But you won't be crying into your hanky either way.