Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 11:04 AM

Default Re: Personal / dating / whatever life situation gen advice - volume 2

[ QUOTE ]
Her facebook status is listed as in a relationship, and her looking for category is: random play

[/ QUOTE ]
I wonder how she got pregnant...... just make sure you wrap it up everytime you hit it.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been dating the same girl since my junior year of high school. We started out like a lot of people did back then, we were together to [censored] like rabbits. As we got older, our relationship grew to the point where we loved each other and began forming a real relationship. We've gone to different colleges for the last 3.5 years (Princeton and UMich) and we're planning on living with each other after we graduate. She is going to do grad school and I'm going to play poker (which she is cool with) and volunteer/do research for a year , then I'm going to decide if I really want to go to med school like I had originally planned.

I love her more than anything, and I honestly feel like she's my best friend. We're going on a trip to Maui over Christmas (ty poker) and I'm thinking about asking her to marry me by a waterfall in Hana. The only reason why I'm hesitant to ask is our age. None of my friends really can talk about what I should think about or expect and my parents had nothing to say but that expected it and supported it when I told them I was thinking about proposing. Basically I'm asking if I'm crazy to do this, and what some of the older guys think about a young engagement/marriage.

[/ QUOTE ]

I started dating my future wife halfway through my freshman year in college, proposed the summer after I graduated (age 21), and was married by age 24 (law school = long engagement).

Do I ever have any regrets about it? Sure, sometimes -- I missed out on being a young guy with the chance to play the field in a big city; I probably have fewer "fun" stories than a lot of people my age.

Was it worth it? Absolutely. I knew she was the one, and while it would have been perfect if we had met a few years later, that wasn't how it happened. I wasn't about to let her slip away because we happened to meet young. We're on the eighth year of a happy marriage.

Short answer: yeah, there are trade-offs, but if you love her, getting engaged and married young isn't crazy.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:08 PM

I have a strange problem with girls. Every girl that I become to attracted to, or becomes attracted to me, is hitched, or I am in direct competition with some other dude (sorta hitched, but she's not sure).

Essentially, I always become the "rebound guy," or the girl never tells me about that she is cheating on someone else.

My present story:

I am not seeing this girl, nor am I talking much to her. I know she wants to break the ice with me. I can't deny that this thinking is mutual. I know that she has a boyfriend. It is weird because I want to talk to her, but I don't want to go to that area either, since I been there before and the results are never good. I will elaborate more if anyone is game.

The question is how to balance this.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:44 PM

Dave

Not sure what you mean by balance?

If you don't want to be "the other guy" then there is nothing to do. You just have to let this one go and find someone else. That being said I'd give this some more thought. Being the other guy has many benefits.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:59 PM

^^^^ Yes! It has benefits.

It can be frustrating, but on the other hand, we have to accept our lots in life, amirite?

More serious. It's that I want to get to know her, and yep, I still have my other life to explore without any worries. I always hate the question: "How should I approach her?"

The answer is always: "Say, hi."

Just wondering how to dodge the pit-falls that are sure to come about.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:04 PM

What are the pitfalls that you perceive are sure to come?

The only time I ever saw any pitfalls from being the other guy was when I dated a NHL goon's GF and then had to avoid a few bars. I really don't see any pitfalls unless you are afraid you'll fall for her even though you know the situation going in. If that is your fear then don't do it.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I love her more than anything, and I honestly feel like she's my best friend. We're going on a trip to Maui over Christmas (ty poker) and I'm thinking about asking her to marry me by a waterfall in Hana. The only reason why I'm hesitant to ask is our age. None of my friends really can talk about what I should think about or expect and my parents had nothing to say but that expected it and supported it when I told them I was thinking about proposing. Basically I'm asking if I'm crazy to do this, and what some of the older guys think about a young engagement/marriage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you guys talked about getting engaged? If not, do so and see where she stands. You can get a feel for what the situation is likely to be like. What are your reasons for wanting to get engaged? What will it change about your situation?
Old 11-14-2007, 05:54 PM

No, I learned the hard way that some girls have a fantasy about men fighting over them. I guess your right. I just have to go for it. Duh.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been on a couple dates with a chick who I get along with fairly well, but I don't see any kind of long term relationship developing from it. She isn't in school, and isn't exactly at the same place I am. We aren't "official" or exclusive.

I've made out with this chick, but I have a feeling I won't be getting much more from her unless I commit to some sort of relationship.

This past weekend, I f'd a 23 year old mom, which was fun, and I'd like to continue doing so (outlook: promising!), but I don't want to start a relationship with her for obvious reasons. Not to mention she is in some sort of weird long distance relationship that I can't exactly figure out. (Her facebook status is listed as in a relationship, and her looking for category is: random play).

Anyone have any suggestions about what I should do from here?

If it matters to any of you, milfy is hotter than the chick I've been on a few dates with.

[/ QUOTE ]
I love milfs.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:15 PM

Hey, I'd really appreciate it if some of you would take a look at my Match.com profile and let me know what can be improved.

My username there is coffeeMMMcoffee .

Ya I know the first thing that could be improved is the username -- just put that aside for now though. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Edit: Here is the link