Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2006, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Official NHL 2006-07 Regular Season Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I disagree, after just one season Lundqvist has been too inconsistent to be considered a top 5 goalie.

[/ QUOTE ]

While saying Lundqvist is top 5 after one season certainly is debatable, you cannot say he was inconsistent last year. How do you figure Mantooth?

I mean he did get hurt last year, which was one of the main reasons that he and the Rangers faltered down the stretch, but you can't say he was inconsistent. He only had 4 or 5 bad games last year (5+ goals against). Brodeur on the other hand had 7 ot 8.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brodeur may have been inconsistent in some games last year due to being hurt some in the beginning of the season and because of playing so many games. Comparing Lundqvist to Brodeur is crazy.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Brodeur may have been inconsistent in some games last year due to being hurt some in the beginning of the season and because of playing so many games. Comparing Lundqvist to Brodeur is crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pegging Lundqvist as inconsistent is crazier. The only reason I chose Brodeur is because I know you are a Devils fan. You can choose almost any goalie in the league and I bet the stats are similiar.

Also those are two of the WORST excuses that you could possibly make up. Goalies have bad games. It's not necessarily because of playing time or injury, they just have bad games.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:51 AM

Lundqvist had one good year. Comparing him to Brodeur is ridiculous. The stats over one season for a goalie mean very little. I would not put him in the top 50% of goaltenders just because he's had one good season. There's no way to tell how he'll play this season. He could be good again, or he could be a scrub.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:59 AM

Zurvan, I agree. Labeling Lundqvist as inexperienced, young, unproven, etc. are fine with me. Labeling him as inconsistent is not. This is where I had issue with Mantooth's comment. If I had one word to describe Lundqvist it would actually be: consistent.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:31 PM

Well they made one good move in signing Ted Nolan. He is a very good coach. But he has nothing to work with.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well they made one good move in signing Ted Nolan. He is a very good coach. But he has nothing to work with.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is he a good coach? He won a Jack Adams with the best goalie in the league - wow.

The Islanders actually aren't that bad on paper, but they will be bad on the ice - partly thanks to Nolan.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How is he a good coach? He won a Jack Adams with the best goalie in the league - wow.

The Islanders actually aren't that bad on paper, but they will be bad on the ice - partly thanks to Nolan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those Sabres teams played their tails off for him. They had very little talent, but still did very well for themselves.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:07 PM

He won the QMJHL title in Moncton last year with a team that really wasn't that great.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Those Sabres teams played their tails off for him. They had very little talent, but still did very well for themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hardest working team in hockey. The fans in Buffalo loved him for how much he got out of those teams. Thought he got the shaft with the one-year offer... not that any of us are complaining now with Lindy taking the reins.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:24 PM

Someone please explain the scheduling of the NHL for me. The Devils play @ Dallas on Saturday. Their next game isn't until Thursday at home against Toronto. What is this about?