Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2007, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Why people do not believe in libertarianism

[ QUOTE ]
The beauty of classical democracy is its simplicity.

[/ QUOTE ]

O rly?

The beauty of democracy is, I would say, its perceived goodness and practicality. It's anything but simple.

[ QUOTE ]
Belief in it does not require creative and self glorifying solution.

[/ QUOTE ]

O rly?

What do you base this other than just your cute idea to fiddle with my post? I think the reinforcement that problems are best solved by man's action rather than man's inaction is indeed self-glorifying.

Libertarianism provides no way for someone to think of something earth shattering. The best you can do is articulate your positions well. But I think people like "creating" their ideas, rather than just principally following a school.

That's my whole point here. That since libertarianism does not seem to allow man to "have a hand" in what happens, he will be less likely to embrace it than in the absence of that bias.

[ QUOTE ]
People who believe in government will point to lack of understanding as the reason a few oppose it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Again, what sense does this make?

I'd say people who believe in government will point to lack of patriotism or civic responsibility as the reason some people oppose it.

[ QUOTE ]
SEE THE PROBLEM, GENIUS?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I don't. Like I said, you could probably make a fair claim for any political ideology as to why some people who would benefit from it are biased to not go for it. It doesn't mean there's a "problem" with my claim.

But you have to do more than just insert your ideology into my reasons for this ideology. Because these reasons have nothing to do the reason people would be biased against government.

This is pretty weak. I expect more from you, Phil.