Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 12:44 PM

Default Ann Coulter: We Want Jews To Be \"Perfected\"

Coulter: We Want Jews To Be "Perfected"

I saw this on the boob tube btw and this report is accurate as to how it went down. Deutsch hosts business related shows on CNBC. I saw him this morning on CNBC and I believe he sincerely did not want to make this into a political bruhaha. He actually handled it well.

DEUTSCH: ... we should just throw Judaism away and we should all be Christians, then, or ...

COULTER: Yeah.

DEUTSCH: Really?

COULTER: Well, it's a lot easier. It's kind of a fast track.

COULTER: Yeah. You have to obey.

DEUTSCH: You can't possibly believe that.

COULTER: Yes.

"We just want Jews to be perfected, as they say," Coulter said later in the show. "That is what Christianity is. We believe the Old Testament, but ours is more like Federal Express."

"Candidly, I had her on not to talk about politics but to talk about her brand strategy," Deutsch later told AdWeek . "Whether you like her or not, her strategy is to be extreme and that's a way to make money. But because it's her, it drifted into politics."
Old 10-12-2007, 12:48 PM

Default Re: Ann Coulter: We Want Jews To Be \"Perfected\"

Not a fan of Mrs. Skeletor, but what is surprising about a religious person thinking that others should convert to their religion? Isn't that one of things that Christians are *supposed* to do? Spread the "Good News"?

I don't get it.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:13 PM

"Not a fan of Mrs. Skeletor, but what is surprising about a religious person thinking that others should convert to their religion? Isn't that one of things that Christians are *supposed* to do? Spread the "Good News"?"

The fact that Christians are supposed to spread the gospel doesn't make it agreeable. While it may be the case that Jews, Christians and Muslims could use a whole lot of "perfecting," nothing worthwhile is accomplished by pitting one against the other; and supposing (in this case implicitly) that one religion is better able to do the perfecting than another just leads to the endless conflicts that Middle Eastern religions (especially) have engendered throughout history.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:20 PM

also I can't remember exactly but some book probably some sci book, in order to "perfect" someone, it entailed killing them.

also coulter by her own words is not a christian( we don't have to follow laws ...). I mean christians who think the ten commandments don't apply to them, I mean what a-holez
Old 10-12-2007, 11:23 PM

Anyone who pays attention to her is an idiot--no offense to the OP here. She has a core audience and tries to pander to them at every opportunity "outside her zone", ie fox news, rush, hannity etc.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:46 PM

Borodog,

I didn't see you respond in the Ron Paul racist comments thread. Curious as to your thoughts about it.

Andy
Old 10-13-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Borodog,

I didn't see you respond in the Ron Paul racist comments thread. Curious as to your thoughts about it.

Andy

[/ QUOTE ]

He responded to that nonsense when Redbean was still trolling other threads with it.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:00 AM

Thanks.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Coulter: We Want Jews To Be "Perfected"

I saw this on the boob tube btw and this report is accurate as to how it went down. Deutsch hosts business related shows on CNBC. I saw him this morning on CNBC and I believe he sincerely did not want to make this into a political bruhaha. He actually handled it well.

DEUTSCH: ... we should just throw Judaism away and we should all be Christians, then, or ...

COULTER: Yeah.

COULTER: Well, it's a lot easier. It's kind of a fast track.

COULTER: Yeah. You have to obey.

DEUTSCH: You can't possibly believe that.

COULTER: Yes.

"We just want Jews to be perfected, as they say," Coulter said later in the show. "That is what Christianity is. We believe the Old Testament, but ours is more like Federal Express."

"Candidly, I had her on not to talk about politics but to talk about her brand strategy," Deutsch later told AdWeek . "Whether you like her or not, her strategy is to be extreme and that's a way to make money. But because it's her, it drifted into politics."

[/ QUOTE ]

Coulter is a shock jock without a radio show. It was a joke. No different than Howard Stern calling "Hill Street Blues" "Hill Street Jews" back in the day.

Personally, I'm not horribly offended, but then again, I've got pretty thick skin when it comes to offensive statements.
I didn't find it horribly amusing either, which was where Coulter was aiming.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:51 PM

lol Ann Coulter. The thing is, creepy as this sounds ("perfected"... probably not the best word choice), it's really not a very unusual or even objectionable belief. The very idea of being a missionary or an evangelical implies that it would be better if everyone believed what you believe. Of course, historically this has often been accompanied by murder, repression, forced conversion, etc., which makes it kind of scary, but I don't know that it's really a crazy thing to think.