Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2007, 06:11 AM

Default How much is a degree from a low level law school worth? (and more ?s)

This gets kinda personal QLC style, but whatever.

How much is a law degree in general worth nowadays? You often read articles that indicate there are too many law students, etc. Is this ever possible?

Now obv a degree from an esteemed university is going to be worth some decent money, but what about a midlevel Uni? And what about a low level uni?

For recent grads (and anyone else): How has the real world been? Do you regret your choice to go to law school? How has the job market been? Did you know what you wanted to pursue beforehand and if not, how satisfied are you with what you are doing now?

Reason for questions: I've been playing poker for a while now, trying out different jobs, trying to find my niche with what I want to do and have been fairly unsuccessful at doing much except getting by, enjoying life. I'm 24, pretty settled with a serious gf and still pretty aimless. I'm very laid back and money is not a priority in my life, however providing for a family, etc is.

In college I kinda skated by with a ~3.3 gpa. I take standardized tests very well and believe I could do well enough on the lsats to get in somewhere, but not the best school I'd imagine. At this point in time I'm wondering if it would be worth it. I would hate to finish up more school and feel as aimless as I am now.

Thoughts, comments, flames appreciated. Any sort of stories, adventures, or cautionary tales about law school or practice encouraged.

thanks.