Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 06:00 PM

Default Re: This Never Happened to Me Before - Ruling

Thanks for the link. I missed it first time around.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not realising SB still had a pocket.

Players don't have any responsibility to stop others acting out of turn,

[/ QUOTE ]
Pocket? Where did you pick up that term?

Yes it is the players responsibility to stop the action ,if players are acting behind him.

If I see players acting out of turn and the player that I thought hadn't checked isn't speaking up,
I figure he must have checked and I missed it. Some players only wiggle their pinky about 1/16" to check. Easy to miss.

So if action is passing you by. speak up.

OP, [ QUOTE ]
You're a gentleman for returning the blind, but it was rightfully yours.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-10-2007, 06:19 PM

Not sure how often you play live liveinpeace, but this is a lesson B&M players learn early on. You can't just rely on other people to look out for you. It sux when it happens, but dealers (and players) sometimes make mistakes and when this happens the ruling usually goes that you're responsible for protecting your own interest in a hand.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:25 PM

Right, and if SB had protected his interest after seat 9 mucked, and said "wait - I have cards, don't award the pot", he would have had a very strong claim to the whole amount, including the raise.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:27 PM

The fact that it got mixed up with someone else's stack doesn't even really affect that it should be his pot in this situation. They should be unmixed. There's no rule against someone turning round and chatting, and there's no rule against playing slow. He has X seconds to act after all doesnt he? I don't imagine SB timed out here at all, OR had any clock called on him.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Right, and if SB had protected his interest after seat 9 mucked, and said "wait - I have cards, don't award the pot", he would have had a very strong claim to the whole amount, including the raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is soemthing you seem to be missing here. The Player didn't muck his cards. He gave them to the dealer after the dealer pushed the pot.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that it got mixed up with someone else's stack doesn't even really affect that it should be his pot in this situation. They should be unmixed. There's no rule against someone turning round and chatting, and there's no rule against playing slow. He has X seconds to act after all doesnt he? I don't imagine SB timed out here at all, OR had any clock called on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

You haven't ever played live before have you?

And you learned from WPT/WSOP on TV, which is OK, but you really should listen to all the people here with experience. SB has ZERO claim to the whole pot, certainly no claim to OP's raise.

Its not bad to be wrong. It is bad to not listen to any of the numerous people here who are telling you what's right. Please don't be that guy.

EDIT: Also, just thought about it. There is a rule against chatting with your friend not at the table and slowing the game down and not paying attention to your action. If significant action has taken place (ie. the shipping of the pot) and you failed to protect your action - you lose.

Talk to your friend on your own time. Pay attention to the game or risk being left behind. We're not going to stop and wait for you to finish chatting whenever you feel like it.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's no rule against someone turning round and chatting, and there's no rule against playing slow. He has X seconds to act after all doesnt he? I don't imagine SB timed out here at all, OR had any clock called on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clock called on him? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Why do I feel that your table gets 8 hands per hour?
Old 09-10-2007, 06:52 PM

Had I mucked my hand as soon as I saw the bb fold (assuming I was the only one left), I would wholeheartedly agree with you. Seat 10 gets the blinds AND my raise.

But what I learned from posting this, is that the dealer awarding me the pot makes all the difference in the world. Seat 10 must speak up BEFORE the pot is shipped!
Old 09-10-2007, 07:02 PM

>>>>>There is soemthing you seem to be missing here. The Player didn't muck his cards. He gave them to the dealer after the dealer pushed the pot.

And the practical difference is what exactly? The cards end up in the muck. The ruling difference is what exactly? I know of no rules that distinguish giving the cards to the dealer to be mucked, or mucking them.
Closed Thread