Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2007, 01:21 PM

Default We Need to Demand New Deposit Options

I am personally sick and tired of having barely any deposit and withdrawal options for poker sites. Boba fett already has a thread on some of the deposit/withdraw options and most of the options such as click2pay and epassporte have terrible support and a fair amount of fees.

Click2pay basically makes you pay for a debit card to withdraw at atms and then charges you a percent on the amount of your withdrawal

Epassporte seems to charge a certain percent of what you load onto the account as well.

The only other option which I think seems the best even though it takes a long time to process is to get cheques from the poker site itself and just wait for it to come.

Sites like FullTilt, which I have emailed before, apparently have a forum set up for "suggestions" where if there is enough interest then they will carry out whatever the players demand. So I suggest that we start demanding a better withdrawal method or perhaps being able to set up our banks with fulltilt or whatever poker site so that there can be a direct withdrawal. We need to get some support together and start making an impact.

At the very least, we are playing and giving much of our money to the poker sites via rake, the least they could do is help us get the money off.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:32 PM

Default Re: We Need to Demand New Deposit Options

Stunned silence.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stunned silence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reply of the year, LOL. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2007, 01:45 PM

Click2pay basically makes you pay for a debit card to withdraw at atms and then charges you a percent on the amount of your withdrawal

$10 for a debit card doesn't seem scary to me and as far as I understand, they charge $2 per withdrawal and a fee (%) of minimum $3 and maximum $15.

Compared to the 3.8% Netelller used to charge (1.9% to convert your US$ to CAN$ and 1.9% again to convert the CAN$ to your local currency) it seems like we are better off with Click2Pay.

- $1,000 withdraw from netelller via debit card: 2 + 38 = $40
- $1,000 withdraw from Click2Pay: 2 + 15 = $17

Please correct me if I have misunderstood the situation and my example is wrong.

The main problem though is that many sites still don't offer the Click2Pay option (Stars has just confirmed they have no future plans with Click2Pay at the moment).

Epassporte is horrible, I agree.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Epassporte is horrible, I agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you load your Epassporte account from a checking account, it's only a $5 flat fee for the initial load. NOT $5 per $100. Then it's only $2 flat fee for all loads thereafter. It's only $2 to withdraw from Epass to the linked checking account. Doesn't seem too bad to me.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:24 PM

Are Visa gift cards officially dead in the water?

I haven't been following the plight of americans all that much (not being one myself), but last I heard, it was pretty easy to fund your Stars and FTP accts with gift cards (there was one that had a $2 reload fee up to $500, wasn't there?)

Bodog has a great instant check feature and also covers Western Union deposit fees.

Absolute and UB have the phone card option.

And ePassporte works everywhere (despite customer service woes i guess). High-stakes guys may have some headaches getting as much money online as they'd like, but the situation for 5/10 or 1/2NL grinders and below doesn't seem like it's as bleak as you're making it out to be.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:45 PM

Epass works just fine for me.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:55 PM

lol let's just pressure all sites to take moneybookers, boom, problem solved. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2007, 05:48 PM

Ok, I would like to go through the deposit options available right now, that I know of:

Moneybookers: it is a good option except for the fact that now, they decided to ask for the reason of the deposit and if you want the funds to deposit into a gaming site they will apply the 7995 code which is the code for online gaming sites. In other words they will not process the deposit. That really sucks!!

Epassporte: besides the fact of paying $5 for each $100 portion that you deposit using cards, it takes a lot of time to process the transaction especially if it is a bank account, takes like 15 days to have the funds available. It is better if you use a Visa CREDIT card to fund your Epassporte account, it is a lot faster than using anything else with them...

Paytru prepaid Visa/Debit card: it is one option that Pokerstars is offering, it is a virtual Visa card that needs to be created once you have an account with them, the good thing is that if you are memeber of PS, you can get this card for free. It is issued by the Global Bank of Commerce and based in Antigua. You can fund it with any Visa or Mastercard and has a fee of 4%+$0.50 on the amount you deposit. It works perfect for me up to now... would like to have it free, but there is nothing to do with this new legislation we need to pay now if we want to play..

Now regarding the cards that are still working I know of gift2go cards and you can find those on any Walgreens. The disadvantage is that there is no notice on when is it going to stop working. It can be at any moment.

I personally prefer to have my money in a pokersite that you know works coded as a gaming site. I know not all the sites do, but what if they get caught?? I know it is easier to fund the accounts without being coded as a gaming site, but isn;'t that risky? I don't know I just say I rather be safe than saying I am sorry....
Old 04-29-2007, 07:42 PM

I know that partypoker has an option that links partypoker with the bank account for transferring money. pokerstars is starting to work on it as well, I think if all poker sites could set something like that up then the problem would be easily solved. I would even be willing to pay a flat fee per withdrawal since it would be so much easier than having to go through a third party.