Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: do you think this internet bill will be effective?
yes 32 29.09%
no 51 46.36%
maybe but not sure 27 24.55%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-21-2007, 06:49 PM

Default Re: The story of six

[ QUOTE ]
well, happy to hear that thomas won't be playing (hopefully he feels better though)...

come on guys, way to early pass judgement on brick, give him some time, he may just be a bit slow at adjusting...

[/ QUOTE ]\

This should be fun.............. watch tapes of the last game and look at the O-line. Brick was the best lineman we had. Not saying much but watch the tape it is true.

Edit: On passing plays. He is not a good run blocker.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well, happy to hear that thomas won't be playing (hopefully he feels better though)...

come on guys, way to early pass judgement on brick, give him some time, he may just be a bit slow at adjusting...

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I being hard on him? Yes. I expect good play out of our 4th overall pick, not to be physically dominated by 250 lb linebackers (Suggs)
Old 09-21-2007, 07:07 PM

Default Re: Week 3 0-2 Dolphins at 0-2 Jets

[ QUOTE ]
Ed is out for the season [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

More info??
Old 09-21-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I being hard on him? Yes. I expect good play out of our 4th overall pick, not to be physically dominated by 250 lb linebackers (Suggs)

[/ QUOTE ]

Suggs had 3 solo tackles with one assisted tackle and no sacks. That is not a physically dominant statline.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Week 3 0-2 Dolphins at 0-2 Jets

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ed is out for the season [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

More info??

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have a link or anything, I think I saw it on TV maybe. I think it's something like knee surgery.

Is there any fan more famous than him? He should be in the HOF.

I was at his first game back after 9 11. It was a great emotional moment.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
according to the fan, zach thomas may miss the game with a concussion, not much

[/ QUOTE ]

How on god's green earth does zach thomas = not much?
Old 09-21-2007, 07:51 PM

I want to score 30 points. Offensively. That is all.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:07 PM

^^sorry, i meant i didn't have many details on the liklihood that he would be out, just what i heard on the radio...obv zach thomas would be a big loss to that D
Old 09-21-2007, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Suggs had 3 solo tackles with one assisted tackle and no sacks. That is not a physically dominant statline.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I don't really need stats to see how Brick played as I watched the game twice. Brick looked bad; the pocket collapsed on his side many times. In addition, he doesn't really do anything to help out the running game. He really needs to put on 15 lbs, it sucks that LT is really the only position he can play on the line at this moment.

The O-line played terribly as a whole (except for Mangold who is a beast, and the one play where Clarke recovered the fumble) but I guess that's to be expected. The jailbreak blitzes caused too many problems and Clemens couldn't get rid of the ball in time.

BTW Degenerasian = me
Old 09-21-2007, 08:16 PM

Also here's the info on Fireman Ed:

http://www.newsday.com/spo'Fireman Ed' out for the year?
Jim Baumbach
11:38 AM EDT, September 18, 2007

As if an 0-2 start and an injured Chad Pennington weren't enough of a bad omen, the Jets recently learned that 'Fireman Ed' – perhaps the NFL's most identifiable fan – could miss the entire season with a knee injury.

Ed Anzalone, who has long been attending games wearing a No. 42 jersey and a Jets fireman hat and boisterously leading the J-E-T-S chants, told Newsday yesterday he had surgery on his left knee Sept. 6 and does not expect to be attending games for at least the foreseeable future.

"I hurt it at a fire in the summer and I had to get it taken care of," said Anzalone, a New York City firefighter. "I have some issues, man. I have some herniations in my back, some in my neck. So I'm taking care of myself. I'm not up to par right now. I'd love to be at the games. But I have to get myself right before I go back there."

Anzalone has become such a mainstay at Jets games that his absence from their season opener against the Patriots two Sundays ago was noticed by many at Giants Stadium, including some team officials. He said the Jets later called him to find out why he wasn't there, and he told them he didn't know when he'd be back.

He would like to think he could make it back this year, but he wasn't making any Namath-esqe guarantees. Not when he knows rehab could take a while. "Hopefully I can get back before the end of the season, and they'll start winning," he said. "But if they lose every game, I'm still going to love them. That won't matter. I'm not a fair weather fan. I've been through a lot with them."

Anzalone refused to divulge the details of how he became injured, which was first reported by the Web site Jetsinsider.com. His tight-lipped stance would make coach Eric Mangini proud. "Some things are just private, but it's legit," he said. "I had surgery, and I'm going to need to get more things done … I'm up and moving a little better than I was. But I got crutches, cane, the whole bit. I just need to take care of myself right now."

He said he watches the games at home and has been giving away his lower-level tickets by the 10-yard line to various friends and family on a game-by-game basis. When he gets tempted to go to the game, he remembers that all it would take is one person jumping on his back in the crowd to further injure his knee, back and neck.

And, in case you're wondering, he wholeheartedly expects the J-E-T-S chants to continue in his absence. "Somebody has to pick up the slack, bro," he said. "When I get back there, I will, as soon as I can. But there's 80,000 people, I'm sure somebody can do it … Tell the fans somebody needs to pick the slack up."