Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 01:30 AM

Default Re: Prop bet- Tuan Le vs. Antoine Walker, 1-on-1

I think everyone in this thread is greatly underestimating Tuan Le. Seriously, he's made millions of dollars as a professional gambler, he's not going to trot this bet out there unless he's sure that he's +EV on it somehow. First off, Antoine Walker's not a great shooter. As mentioned earlier in the thread, he couldn't reach 50% from the FT line last year.

All "professional athletes are supermen" hero worship aside, I think just about everyone knows 10 people that can shoot free throws better than that. Walker's going to have difficulty scoring a lot of the time, even if Le's defense is standing under the basket and waiting for the rebound. So now what Walker has to do is keep up with Tuan Le enough to keep from making 3 lucky shots racing to the 3 point line after getting a rebound, all in tight fitting slacks and dress shoes.

All Le needs to win this bet is to be a decent shooter in the gym and be quick enough to get a perimeter shot off before Walker gets to him when Antoine's wearing dress shoes. He doesn't have to drive by Walker, he doesn't have to defend him, none of that. Just make a couple shots and have decent dribbling speed. Honestly, I'd guess that Le just asked for odds to cement the hustle. He's probably better than 50% on this.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think everyone in this thread is greatly underestimating Tuan Le. Seriously, he's made millions of dollars as a professional gambler, he's not going to trot this bet out there unless he's sure that he's +EV on it somehow. First off, Antoine Walker's not a great shooter. As mentioned earlier in the thread, he couldn't reach 50% from the FT line last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is such a sick level

there are people on this site who've made millions as professional gamblers and are absolute prop betting fish
Old 09-20-2007, 01:59 AM

have you ever seen pros in a shoot around? they must shoot like 80%.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone ever seen Walker shoot from outside 22 feet?

This is the same guy who put up airballs in the three-point contest.

He also isn't the quickest defender in the world.

Tuan at least has a chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is also the guy who has a teammate that said "He makes 20 threes in a row routinely at practice"

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder why a teammate finds it necessary to publicly announce just how good Walker is in practice. How embarrassing for Walker to have a teammate say that. I think Tuan could win this even if he has to play against Antoine Walker AND Donyell Marshall simultaneously...
Old 09-20-2007, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is such a sick level

there are people on this site who've made millions as professional gamblers and are absolute prop betting fish

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I guess on it's own, that might not be enough to qualify him, but seriously, Tuan Le's not from the new generation that made all their money online and randomly likes to flip for tens of thousands just to be a baller.

He's been around the block a few times, making good money way before the boom and definitely knows how to hustle. I really doubt that he's going to be giving away tons of equity just because he doesn't understand how good NBA players are or something.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
when tuan le has the ball why would it be any different from a regular guy playing an 11 year old

i dont see how he gets a shot off without doing retarded underhead shots to get around walker

walker prob scores on 80-90% of his possessions

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt he could hit 80% from 22ft undefended.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty certain most NBA non-centers can hit at least 70% unguarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i dunno. just look at ft percetanges, and those are from 15 ft and practiced a hell of a lot more than 22+ footers. If you watch the 3 point contest most players dont hit much more than 50% and those are the best shooters in the league.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought Barry was saying I or anyone I knew couldn't beat an NBA player in HORSE. I guess is what he is saying is I couldn't beat Grant Long.

Still don't see why my saying I could play HORSE and shoot free throws makes you conclude that I am in any way implying that I could play in the NBA. I am assuming you are familiar with pro basketball and that it requires more than the ability to shoot the ball. Perhaps a combo of poor logic and rudeness on your part, not really sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm implying that I find it absurd that you think you can beat NBA players in horse because you were "nails" with your jumper at some point and hit 83% from the line. I seriously doubt that even a very accomplished college basketball player who took 2-3 years off could even come close to competing with an average NBA player who plays and practices constantly. Tuan Le has no chance whatsoever and neither do you, lol.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:32 AM

That's with a clock and needing to get off 1 shot every 2 seconds and from 23'9. This is from 22 with all the time in the world.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's with a clock and needing to get off 1 shot every 2 seconds and from 23'9. This is from 22 with all the time in the world and not under the pressure of being in a competition with equally/greater skilled opponents, but rather with a short man who sits on his ass and gambles for a living.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-20-2007, 02:43 AM

Tuan would never be able to get off a good shot IMO and would get a maximum of 2 rebounds off Walker misses the whole game.