Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2007, 12:43 PM

Default Re: FLORIDA ALLOWING POKER GAME STAKES TO BE RAISED IN JULY!

[ QUOTE ]
I play in Broward county cardrooms. Are the Division's proposed steps going to postpone the changes until the rules are fully developed? Or we going to see the changes implemented July 1st?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dania had signs posted last weekend announcing new games on July 1.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I play in Broward county cardrooms. Are the Division's proposed steps going to postpone the changes until the rules are fully developed? Or we going to see the changes implemented July 1st?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dania had signs posted last weekend announcing new games on July 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's goin' down.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:16 PM

Just got back from the Pompano cardroom...my first time there and man what a beautiful place.

The card tables are a little weird...flat tables with no rail around the edge so cards can fly right off but otherwise IMO one of the best if not the best place to play cards. Definately, on scale with the Hard Rock and without the loud music (I love the music but I can't hear what players are saying at the Hard Rock).

They are going to have $1-$5 spread limit at least that's what the floor manager said with $2/$4 and NL $100 max buy-in. Big MMT as well. See ya'll there!!
Old 06-22-2007, 08:16 AM

When Florida gets decent structures with their tourneys they will be legit........until then its Carnival poker at the very best.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:12 AM

I like it here. Personally I dont want vegas to come to Florida. You know how often I would be up $800 or so in a game then get wasted and lose it all playing let it ride (which is the best poker game ever). I like my carnivals and cotton candy. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Dont get me wrong I love the changes and wish the buy in would be $200 but I really dont want full poker here. I would play way too much PL OHLO (which Im not good at but love).
Old 06-22-2007, 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just got back from the Pompano cardroom...my first time there and man what a beautiful place.

The card tables are a little weird...flat tables with no rail around the edge so cards can fly right off but otherwise IMO one of the best if not the best place to play cards. Definately, on scale with the Hard Rock and without the loud music (I love the music but I can't hear what players are saying at the Hard Rock).

They are going to have $1-$5 spread limit at least that's what the floor manager said with $2/$4 and NL $100 max buy-in. Big MMT as well. See ya'll there!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Aww NY, you beat me to it! I am going to Pompano for lunch today and will scout out the room and talk to the managers. I'll see what they'll do about MTTs and report later. I expect that I will be there on July 1.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like it here. Personally I dont want vegas to come to Florida. You know how often I would be up $800 or so in a game then get wasted and lose it all playing let it ride (which is the best poker game ever). I like my carnivals and cotton candy. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Dont get me wrong I love the changes and wish the buy in would be $200 but I really dont want full poker here. I would play way too much PL OHLO (which Im not good at but love).

[/ QUOTE ]

If your winning in Florida tourneys your luck is very good.

Bad structures and horrible rake make for carnival poker.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:47 AM

I think the single tables can be beat. It is not that hard to come in the top 2. I understand that the rake is more than 2nd which sucks but I am up overall on the single tables. The multis I up a lot. Not because I win a lot but because I've entered maybe a dozen and placed in the money 5 times once was first for 1100 (which kind of skews that stat).

The $45 singles at gandy are easier than $1.20 singles online guaranteed. Although I haven't been back since the dealer told the guy I went all in against "It is only 650 more to call"

*edit I placed first not fist. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2007, 10:16 AM

i'm gonna check out the hollywood hard rock come july 1st. if nothing is there, i guess i'll head to pompano. i wanna check out some strip clubs over there anyway. let the games begin.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:22 AM

jason-results after a mere 12 tourneys is nothing.......as is even 120.

A single table paying out 320 of the 450 worth of entrys is impossible to beat longterm with the structures they implement..........for you, Phil Ivey, Mike Sexton, and others.

........and forget the thought of tipping the dealers in these events.