Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 10:51 PM

Location: I\'m supposed to write something funny here, right?
Default Sooted! in the SB

After about 1000 hands each of .02/.04 and .05/.10 each, I'm down $4.15 in the small blind (about -.18BB per hand). Even if you exclude blinds, I'm down 17 cents.

My VPIP in the SB is 51. Is this too high? Here's a marginal hand I'm playing, thinking I'm loosening up correctly to take advantage of my better play at this limit.

PPokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, CO folds.

Turn: (3 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

You guys call this pre-flop? How's the flop bet? What do we do on this turn?

- Jason
Old 08-30-2007, 10:55 PM

Default Re: Sooted! in the SB

[ QUOTE ]
hinking I'm loosening up correctly to take advantage of my better play at this limit

[/ QUOTE ]

at this level ... better play = solid starting hands relative to position and situtation
Old 08-30-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hinking I'm loosening up correctly to take advantage of my better play at this limit

[/ QUOTE ]

at this level ... better play = solid starting hands relative to position and situtation

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Doesn't it also mean being able to fold these hands when I don't have the nuts? Whereas other players can't and will pay off things like flushes and two pair nicely?

- Jason
Old 08-30-2007, 11:08 PM

yes, good, bet again
Old 08-30-2007, 11:11 PM

i think i would for sure bet this turn. a nothing card dropped on a some what coordinated flop. now u have a flush draw and i wouldnt be too upset if we got raised here and the c/f on the river unimproved.

being i cant see someone raising a flush draw or anything that we are ahead of at this limit. i would be then c/f unimproved if we are to get raised on the turn..

just a call on the turn im indifferent on a river how to play it, i say a non club i c/c but if we see a club i might make an argument for c/f but i wanna see what everyone else thinks i think this is an interesting hand.....i might be puttin him on AK now that i think about it

as far as being down -.1 bb in the SB ur never gonna win money in the SB....if u look at databases of players with a lot of hands...not me i only got about 100k but they do hold true....u will not win any money in the blinds and infact u will lose money over the longhaul in the blinds
Old 08-30-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Doesn't it also mean being able to fold these hands when I don't have the nuts? Whereas other players can't and will pay off things like flushes and two pair nicely?

- Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

you'll almost never have the nuts when it's short handed

you have to maximize and minimize when you are ahead ... that's the TUFF part ...

especially on draw heavy boards

i agree is BBB ... unless, you can't bet/fold because villain over aggressive

i take a c.c-turn/donk-river line (with no scare card) and get looked up with A and K high enough
Old 08-30-2007, 11:18 PM

I think your play overall is just fine.

The completion preflop is fine, as you said with it being SOOOOTED and in the small blind, the only thing being position, but that's alright.

If you're betting out on the flop (which you did) you have to keep betting, you added ~7-9 outs say of a hand where I think you're good on the flop. If you're raised, call it and see the river card. If it's not a scare card (A/K/Q not of spades) bet out and see what he does. I think he's drawing very thin, something like 67 or 109, usually at the lower limits they seem to play alot more (suited) connectors, so that'd be my read.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:19 PM

Thanks for replies.

BTW, a bit of those 2k hands were short handed. 6 players, 3 players, heads up. I don't know how to figure it out in Poker Tracker, but that probably affects the numbers.

This hand itself is 6 handed I think.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:31 PM

Everything looks good to me. I'd bet this turn. Villain's flop call could mean a bigger jack, but it could also mean a club flush draw or even a lower pair. Even if villain does have a bigger jack, you have a redraw to the flush.

Good hand, nice play. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2007, 11:51 PM

My default flop action here is check-and-see.

As played bet turn.